Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen 3 in the past 2 weeks. Still havent dropped their antlers. We are 4 FEET below our average snowfall this year. Last year was the 3rd worst winter on record for us. This year it's the complete opposite. 10-20 degrees warmer than average. Wondering what it's doing to the herd.

Anyone have any input on these weather anomolies?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Almost all of the bucks in my area are still sporting headgear, but that is normal. Weather conditions have no affect on when a buck drops his antlers.

·
BIG FRANK....
8,389 Posts
Saw 2 bucks yesterday, 3 and 4 point western count..60 yards from my place......

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I saw a buck with antlers today. Also a few scraps that were cleaned out. I think this warm winter has them confused.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
We still have bucks chasing around here.

Every year you shed hunters get more impatient

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We still have bucks chasing around here
I could swear the 6 point I just saw, was chasing a doe but I just wasn't sure if they did it this late. I mean if I didn't know what month it was, and I was in a tree, it looked like a ruttin buck to me.

·
Pa. Whitetail Hunter
33 Posts
Had a nice 8 point cross in front of the truck Thursday morning in S. Central Pa. He was followed by another large deer. Couldn't get a good front view of the second one to see if it was a buck that dropped its antlers.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
On my way home from work yesterday I almost hit 3 bucks crossing the road. They were 120-130 and none of them missing antlers. They ran accross the field to my right, I looked left and standing in the tree line were 3 much bigger bucks with all their headgear. The biggest was probably 160-165. Funny how they sent the 3 little guys to test the road.

I never start shed hunting until the end of February

·
Registered
69 Posts
9 bucks with 6 does ran through the back yard last night. Most were little 4s and 6s, but had a nice 8 and big 8 still rockin some pearly white horns

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Walked 3-4 miles yesterday and saw hundreds of fresh rubs and scrapes.Which is normal around here.They are still some hot does on in to January.We have hiked 30-40 miles and not a fresh shed antler yet.Only fresh rubs.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Haven't seen a shed buck yet..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts