Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Posten Woodsman from Jim about 3 weeks ago and after shooting it it didn't seem to help me as far as steadying my pins. So I had a friend of mine who owns a machine shop fabricate me a 3 inch diameter piece of stainless 1/4 inch thick which weighs in at 8 ounces exactly. I removed the 2 weights from my Woodsman and attached the SS disk with the screw in end cap that came with the Posten and viola much tighter groups at 40 and 50 yards. You guys out there who own a Posten owe it to yourself to give this a try. I feel I now have the best of both worlds in one very adjustable stab.

·
Registered
24,952 Posts
I was going to buy a b stinger weight for my woodsman I had. But I got on the paradigm staff so I sold it.

Glad u like it. Fun messing around with stuff until u get it perfect. Post pics

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll get some pics on here tomorrow. It's a pretty good feeling when an experiment works out.

·
Registered
24,952 Posts
pics

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I promise pics tomorrow. Everything is packed in the truck for deployment to a certain oak tree in Nelson Co., Ky. tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Good Thinking!

Glad to hear someone did this, I've been thinking of trying that. Anxious to see pics.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
That is why the B-Stinger is the best stabilizer out there. It does what is is suposed to do...Stabilize your bow! There are a lot of pretty stabilizers out there, but they can't do what the B-Stinger does.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As promised here is the Stingerized Posten.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
This works too and is DEAD silent

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's pretty sweet. Did you just hollow out the Limbsaver and run it through?

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
As promised here is the Stingerized Posten.
you should get a set of SS weights, for those that like alot of weigh the aluminum ones arent enough, but adding the SS weight set he has lets you add more and adjust for heavier likings. I saw a guy with like 8 or 10 SS weights on one at vegas :eek: thats alot of weight but how he liked it.

For those with Woodsman or any other you can get the SS weight set from Jim and add more weight, which is what you did. Glad your more happier LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts