Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:pukey: I was reading somewhere that 75% of th scent we give off comes from our breath and i was wandering what everyone does to combat this.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Aren't we supposed to buy that pine-tar tasting gum-o-flauge?
A gargle with doe-in-heat would taste as good.
-D

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
please, please tell me no one actually buys gum-o-flauge.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
I can only imagine what an animal can find out about me by smelling my breath.

The air that is exhaled is mostly the same as what was inhaled (that is why C.P.R. works.). All the rest of it is gasses that are released from our blood.

That is how a breathalyzer works accurately enough to tell the percentage of alcohol in our blood to the hundredth of a percent!

Breathing through your nose will make little difference. If you could exhale backwards through a BRAND NEW gas mask filter it might work.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I keep a bottle of peroxide in my truck. When I get ready to head to my stand, I garggle with it then rinse my mouth out with water.

P.S. Makes your teeth nice and blonde, but if you chew tobacco, the roots stay brown.:confused:

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
brush your teeth and tung.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The Wrigley's gum doesn't work.

The gum itself tastes like apple, it smells like apple, but it makes your breath smell awful.

Chew a piece, spit the gum out, and then smell your breath. It wont smell like apple, I garauntee it.

Eat a real apple before you head to the stand, it neutralizes the odors in your mouth.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Prilosec otc will work well, assuming you already have a clean mouth. Your major breath odor can be from stomac acid, especially if you are worked up about the hunt.

·
Vendor
10,281 Posts
riverpilot69 said:
I keep a bottle of peroxide in my truck. When I get ready to head to my stand, I garggle with it then rinse my mouth out with water.

P.S. Makes your teeth nice and blonde, but if you chew tobacco, the roots stay brown.:confused:
You garggle with peroxide? Want it make you vomit?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
hold your breath...
seriously, your breath is excellent to carry sent, you push it out every other second ( we have to...) and it´s moisty and that´s perfect to preserve sent.
not much to do about it but to keep the wind in your face and hope that your prey comes upwind.

·
Excited Delerium
1,024 Posts
One word.....

COPENHAGEN :tongue:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts