Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I broke my wrist back in August but fortunately am still able to bow hunt. Only have one problem, and thats my cast starting to stink. I do have scent lok gloves but they wont fit over it so nothing I can really put over it to keep the scent contained. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of sprays or powders I could put one it to make it not smell so bad. I had someone suggest Dead Down Wind, but is there really a difference between that and Scent Killer or H.S. Scent away? Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions for me! Thanks in advance.
Kyle

·
Registered
782 Posts
Play the wind

Try some of the Scent Powders like HS Scents.
If it smells that bad... your best option may be to play the wind and hunt up high. Be careful not to break your other arm...:wink:

·
Registered
215 Posts
If it smells that bad can't you just get the doc to put a new cast on? That can't be good for your skin inside the cast.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
This situation simply requires that you be extra careful when deciding which stand to sit DEPENDING ON WIND-DIRECTION......stay downwind of the direction you think they'll approach from......as mentioned earlier, position your treestand as high as you feel comfortable in....

Even the stinkiest cast in the world won't hurt you IF the wind is blowing the scent AWAY from the deer! :wink:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Oversize rubber gloves, or just a plastic bag with a rubber band or tape around your arm to seal it it. I saw some big plastic gloves for gutting deer that are about elbow length that might work. :noidea:

Mark

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had a cast on my leg last hunting season, I had a new one put on right before the season to make sure any odor from it was minimized.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
scent blockers won't fix that kinda stink:pukey: the wind is your friend

Josh

·
Registered
438 Posts
fn257 said:
Oversize rubber gloves, or just a plastic bag with a rubber band or tape around your arm to seal it it. I saw some big plastic gloves for gutting deer that are about elbow length that might work. :noidea:

Mark
Was thinking the same thing. Youll probably want to get some of those gloves anyway so you dont get deer guts in your cast. That would really stink after a while.

·
Registered
342 Posts
When I was in the Marines I broke my arm and had to wear a cast for 7 months. Uncle Sam would only replace it every 6 weeks or so, so I used to take a wire hanger and pull out the cotton padding that stunk. Then I was able to take a shower with it and it would dry relatively quickly and not smell too bad anymore. It's Just a thought you might try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts