Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ill admit my feet frinkin stink. I have a pair of muck boots that I really love but man after hunting I take them off and watch out. I can clear out a room in a matter of seconds:pukey: It really doesn't matter what I wear the boots reak. So I am reaching out to find out what I can do. (ie different socks, boots, etc.) I would imagine this isn't helping my cause any and I haven't been able to find anything that works. Any reccomendations would be great, even if I need to switch boots. Thanks for the help.

NHBOONER

·
Trophy Meat Hunter
11,248 Posts
Ok ill admit my feet frinkin stink. I have a pair of muck boots that I really love but man after hunting I take them off and watch out. I can clear out a room in a matter of seconds:pukey: It really doesn't matter what I wear the boots reak. So I am reaching out to find out what I can do. (ie different socks, boots, etc.) I would imagine this isn't helping my cause any and I haven't been able to find anything that works. Any reccomendations would be great, even if I need to switch boots. Thanks for the help.

NHBOONER
Do you mean "yuck" boots? LOL...Try sprinkling some baking soda in your boots.

·
When's bow season start?
8,927 Posts
Before bed, apply Mitchum unscented gel anti-perpirant/deodorant to the soles of your feet. In the morning apply some unscented foot/body powder to your feet (I use Dead Downwind powder) then don a pair of thin polypropylene liner socks followed by a pair of wool socks. Never wear cotton socks.

·
Get out and shoot!
3,798 Posts
I had foot oder from my work shoes. Every morning I put Goldbond Medicated footpowder on them and after a few weeks my feet don't stink. My hunting shoes/boots don't get any foot powder because it smells. Unscented antipersperant gets sprayed on my toe and feet before my socks go on. Its a wonder I kill anything with my old stinky body!:confused:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good advice so far how do i get the smell out of the boots i have now? My feet tend to sweat a lot also.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well for starters make sure you get one of those boot warmers. They last for years and are cheap. They'll dry out your boots and help to get some of the funk out of there.

Baking soda works great to nutralize the smell. I'd throw it in the boots and shake it around and let it sit in there.

Rubber boots are killers. They dont breath so your feet sweat and a lot of bacteria gets built up. Rocky boots has a pair that integrate Silver in the lining. Silver as you may already know has been scientifically proven to be an excellent bacteria killer. I have a pair of these and have never noticed any foot odor when I take them off. You may want to give them a shot.

I also use Cabelas Ingenious socks. They have multiple layers for moisture wicking and warmth and also have a silver lining built in.

I would stay away from any carbon boot or sock made by Scentblocker or Scentlok. Carbon has been shown to be ineffective when wet and your feet will likely be the most wet area of your body. Not to mention there is no way to reactivate a carbon boot...if you ask them what to do they will likely give you the answer they gave me...put them out in the sun...so now carbon can be reactivated by sunlight?? :confused: They're now collecting dust in my closet.

·
Is it September yet?
1,897 Posts
My feet stink and sweat too. Its the main reason I get cold when I hunt in cold weather. My muck boots make my feet sweat, which then turn cold. I need to find a combat the sweaty feet syndrome!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I don't have very stinky feet, but I know wool socks are great for dealing with sweaty feet and reducing foot odor.

And Smart Wool socks are the best! Worth what they cost for sure.

Ray

·
Registered
777 Posts
I got some baking soda and half filled up 2 socks. Tie a knot in the top of the socks. Each time you take your boots off just drop the BS filled socks in the boots. It works for me. I think I put 2 or 3 boxes of BS in each sock.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Wear a pair of Fox River sock liners. They are made with Silver and supposed to kill odors. They are extremely thin and wear a pair of Smart Wool socks over them. They are also supposed to fight odors well. Before you put on your socks, put unscented anti persperant on your feet. As soon as you can after a hunt, use portable boot dryers to dry out your boots. They are worth it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts