Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to see this happen but thought this group could put up the watch. Timmy Ewers a friend of mine and one of the best shooters out there was at the VBA Champioinships on Labor Day weekend in Galax Va. and had an Elite Energy walk off on him. It was in an aluminum case and has a Hogg it sight and ultra rest with most of the prongs cut off. It's a 28" and has been recamoed, if you look in the rest hole you can see the old camo. Had some Gold Tip ultralight 400's with green blazers and nocks as well. The amazing thing is he was up by 3 after the first day and then his bow got stolen so a friend let him borrow his bow, he spent a hour or so setting it up and went on to win that day with someone else's bow. It was the only Elite at the whole shoot. Any info would be a great help.

·
Registered
888 Posts
that sucks!

Tim we will keep our eyes open and will let you know if we see one of these. Congrats on the fine shooting despite the stolen bow!

B.J. Evans

·
Vendor
35,723 Posts
Man, it seems like there is too much of this lately. This is good that it gets on AT to spread the word out. Catchin' just one of these guys would be great.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I was at that tournament on Saturday. It was my first field shoot and I think I was the only guest. I was grouped with a great bunch of guys. I really enjoyed the whole experience and met a lot of friendly archers, one of whom was Tim Ewers. I even had a chance to admire his Apex 7 and ask him a few questions about it, mainly because I just bought one like it on ebay. Sorry to hear about the theft. I just wanted to make sure that no one suspected me because I was a new-comer and first time shooter.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Spatan

I probaly wont see this bow as i am from R.S.A. However I know what its like to have your pride and joy stolen from you.

The story goes like this. We had our home broken into some years ago and my Ben pearson Blazer XL 70# was taken as well as other stuff. I was working for another bow shop some years later, and you won't believe it, this Dud walks in with my bow he'd bought it thru his pawn shop and was now wanting me to soup it up for him. the whole thing still erks me.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad2: :mad2: :censored:

the moral of the story your mates bow will come up sooner or later people must just keep their eyes open.

this type of news is still very distressing.

Stay stronge, shoot straight.

spatan:cocktail:

·
Registered
28,188 Posts
Hate to hear that, I will keep my eyes and ears open. I've been to that club. Hard to believe a fellow archer would do this. Used to never hear of this happening. :cry:

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
I think there were only like 75 shooters there including the cubs.

There should be a good chance if you can contact all the adults someone might send an anonymous e-mail.

Has the VBA been notified. I would assume so.

An Elite should stand out like a sore thumb. I wish I had known sooner I went to quite a few local 3D shoots. I saw only a couple Elite's :tsk:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
It's not nice. Sorry for your loss. I had the only Elite Energy at a competition here in the R.S.A this past weekend. It also got a hell of a lot of attention. Hope you find it. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Apex 7

treaton said:
I was at that tournament on Saturday. It was my first field shoot and I think I was the only guest. I was grouped with a great bunch of guys. I really enjoyed the whole experience and met a lot of friendly archers, one of whom was Tim Ewers. I even had a chance to admire his Apex 7 and ask him a few questions about it, mainly because I just bought one like it on ebay. Sorry to hear about the theft. I just wanted to make sure that no one suspected me because I was a new-comer and first time shooter.
I wasn't there and as I said am a friend of Timmy's. I will say though that I shoot an Apex 7 and to him being a die hard Bowtech and Elite fan, it must have been quite upsetting to stoop to a having to borrow a Matthews:) I can't believe he didn't pass that bit of information along to me. :rolleyes: This bow was actually on loan to Tim from the rep in our area so it's not even his, which makes it even worse. I think if we keep our eyes open someone is gonna be shooting an Elite they didn't have. Let's start shaking the bushes.

·
Registered
796 Posts
The borrowed bow was a Bowtech Patriot Single Cam

Hey there Nick, I figured that it would not take you long to post about this. The bow Timmy borrowed was a Bowtech Patriot Single Cam. The VBA was notified along with the local police and a police report was written. I talked to Timmy last night and as of last night he still has not recieved a copy of the police report. He also said that he had talked to the rep through e-mail and that the rep could not believe that archery has come to this. I will say that I still do not believe that a fellow archer at this tournament was responsible for the stolen bow or atleast I don't want to believe it. Timmy is taking it very well though, much better than I had expected. I just hope that whoever did this will pay dearly in the end.
Thanks,
Your hunting partner,
Kendall

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Nick,
Thanks for posting this info,its great to have friends looking out for you.I'll probably never recover this bow but you can bet I'll get another.Talked to the rep today and the 07's are supposed to be awesome !
I'll post any info I get as far as my stolen bow goes.
Thanks again,
T.Ewers

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Nick I'll be at Wild Turkey Ridge all day SAt .You know how I look at all the bow's.What camo doe's it have on it . ? Doe's it look like your bow in color . I saw a ton of Elites ,at our last shoot . I will be looking .See you tommorow .Later John

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
camo

John, I'll be at TR about 8:00 if you have time to shoot with us. The best way to reconize Timmy's bow is going to be in the rest mount hole. The bow was redipped and they put a bolt in the hole to protect it so it has the old camo in the hole. Kendall said you can see a definite difference. There is not too many of these bows out there so it's gotta show up sometime. See ya Saturday and bring your "A" game :)

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,327 Posts
PHANTOM 15 said:
Hey Nick,
Thanks for posting this info,its great to have friends looking out for you.I'll probably never recover this bow but you can bet I'll get another.Talked to the rep today and the 07's are supposed to be awesome !
I'll post any info I get as far as my stolen bow goes.
Thanks again,
T.Ewers
Timmy.
Sorry to hear about this man.
I was pretty shocked in one of the posts abopve about you finishing with a Mathews (hurts to even type that name:wink: ). Nick said it was a Patriot you finished with and Kendall confirmed it so... Congrats one the win !:thumbs_up
I'll keep my eyes open and try to keep this thread at the top to keep it active.
Later man.
Bob Williams

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks again everyone,
The way to recognize this bow is in the accessory mount holes.The original camo was extremely bright green,almost a neon looking color.The bow was re-dipped to the color they have now.The original bright green can easily be seen around the accessory holes,especially the burger hole.There is also a piece of round stock inserted through the riser that the limb bolt screws into,the bright green can also be seen around the edge of this.
Thanks again for looking.
T.Ewers

Also,I would like to thank Tony Reese for practically twisting my arm to shoot his bow the second day.This was a very selfless act and shows what kind of guy Tony is.I owe you one Tony ! Sorry about your two arrows.
Tim

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,327 Posts
Bump

1 - 20 of 30 Posts