Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you guys have had a tree stand stolen that has been locked up, I have not, and I always lock my stands, just wondering if there are alot of losers out there that actually go through that kind of trouble over a small amount of money

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
It is that time of year. Nature of the beast. Bunch of losers! Stealing stands.

Has not happened to me. But, I did just knock on wood.......LOL

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have, and it was padlocked. I also had to cut one of mine down due to losing a key. I had it down in two minutes. It was a cable lock and the hacksaw went thru the cable like it was nothing. I went back to using welded chain and padlocks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Had two taken that were cabled and locked, IF THEY WANT IT, THEY WILL GET IT...It's bad enough with the thieves on the streets, but now they are in the woods..

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I had one stolen a few years back, it was a ladder stand with a cable lock, they even left my EZ-Hanger 18 ft. up in the tree, I now use a chain and padlock...........plus I refuse to leave a high dollar stand in a tree, I either use $70 ladder stands or I pack my climber in, too much trash out there who will jump at the chance to steal something that you worked hard for. I have even put off putting a camera out, until this year I finally put one out.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
5 of them stolen last year. 4 on private land,1 on public land. all locked with either chain/padlock or cable locked and my gorilla bow hanger is still 20ft up. this year I'm going completely portable. just bought an API aluminum stand for $50 off CL and will be getting a set of the 3pc climbing sticks. total wt is 15lbs to pack in/out compared to one steel stand alone at 18lbs. if i plan on hunting the same place twice consecutively,I'll leave the stand locked 20ft in a tree and pull just the sticks so theres less chance of my goods gettin yanked

1 - 6 of 6 Posts