Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Banned
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these on my new Parker Blackhawk. I checked their website and no mention of what they are made of. Does anybody what material they are made of? Are these good strings?

· C:\My Documents\My Pictur
24,688 Posts
Very well made strings :thumbs_up Never had any peep movement ,from day 1 :wink:

· Banned
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is good news, but what material or blend and what can I expect creep wise from these over time?

· Registered
1,880 Posts
It really depends if they are factory strings that the bow company had them make for them they could be anything as the company tells them what to use they could be some kind of proprietary blend I would look on parkers website it might say.

· Banned
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So would people agree these are good strings? The tech at Parker said they are not Winners Choice, but a grade below them.

· Registered
2,004 Posts
They are great strings.
I think they are equal to or better than Winner's Choice and Winner's Choice are really good strings.

Rick

· C:\My Documents\My Pictur
24,688 Posts
So would people agree these are good strings? The tech at Parker said they are not Winners Choice, but a grade below them.
I first got introduced to them.When i bought a Barnsdale Bow.
Never had a Winners Choice string.But i have used the other top rating bow string makers strings.. And a lot of archers think they are better than Winners Choice . And i see no difference.
The main thing with me.Is a peep staying put.

· Registered
433 Posts
I put new Barracuda string on my Blackhawk as soon as I got it. When I got him with it I shot it 100 plus times never could get the peep from twisting. Went and put the Barracuda string in, no problems peep sight right on everytime. That was my only complaint with this bow.

· Banned
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I put new Barracuda string on my Blackhawk as soon as I got it. When I got him with it I shot it 100 plus times never could get the peep from twisting. Went and put the Barracuda string in, no problems peep sight right on everytime. That was my only complaint with this bow.
Why did you change the stock strings? I am not sure if I understand your post.

· Registered
411 Posts
Good strings

I get a set put on my bows every spring, have been for years, never a problem, no twisting the peep, no fraying and thank goodness never a break. The owner is a great guy, alway donating strings for club events, fundraisers etc...

· Registered
433 Posts
Why did you change the stock strings? I am not sure if I understand your post.
After 100 plus shots the string kept turning, just could get peep sight right plus I accidently cut one of the strands so I just replaced it with a Barracuda string. Soon as I put it on put peep in, hooked up my speed nock no more problems. You dont have to shoot them forever to get them broke in.

· Registered
3,542 Posts
When a peep turns during the draw, it means the twists below and above the peep are not cancelling each other out.

Any string can be fixed so the peep doesn't turn.

· Banned
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
These are sweet strings. I might replace again with Stone Mountain.

· Banned
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So the Stone Mountain Dakota strings on the Blackhawk have alot of creep? These strings are supposed to be prestretched.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.