Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I'm a real advocate for climbing safety. Little did I know that the antis use our own foolishness against us.

The "Committe to Abolish Sport Hunting" has a website that keeps track of our injuries for us. Of course they don't do anything to help us out, just use our own accidents to serve their own cause. See this website: http://www.all-creatures.org/cash/accident-center.html#sh2005

So, Don't be a statistic. Make sure you are all safe climbing and shooting this year. Let's not have anymore falls. They are absolutely ALL Preventable.

If you need to know how to climb always attached to the tree so you cant' fall more than about a foot or two, email me at my address below and I'll send you the instructions on how to set up a climbing line with a prussik knot.

Hunt Safe Always,
Jim

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Good point but hopefully anyone with any sort of brains at all will not fall for the, "Look, hunting is dangerous" line those people try to feed them. If we followed their line of logic, we would abolish driving, flying on an airplane, riding in a train, walking down the street, riding a bike, eating a cheeseburger, using any form of knife.... I think you get the point.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I bet more people are hurt and killed rollerblading or jogging than hunting.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I don't understand, I mean what is C.A.S.H. doing or what do they think they are doing? I would love to converse on the subject with an anti...let him/her explain to me what the hunters are doing to the ecosystem...I will be honest, I've been hunting for 15 years and I have seen more wildlife now then I did let's say back in 1990. N*** releases wild turkeys every year to get the population going...I now see so many wild turkeys that I can't even go to work with out dodging them. The deer are just as bad here also, especially does.

If hunters were not around to "cull" the herds then everyone would be hurting, especially the farmers. Has anyone seen the damage a 10-12 head herd of deer can play on a soy bean field? What about the damage a deer can do to a car? There is a county south of Indianapolis called Brown County that had a bad problem with deer, so, the county and state got together and offered any hunter a deal to where he/she could take a deer and donate the meat to charity. But Lord and behold, the Anti's were up there dressing up as deer and asking to be shot. Some deer were taken out and placed else where, but, others were harvested on the spot.

These deer were nearly tame, walking up taking food out of people's hands. So the population there was out of control, but they did get it back to somewhat controlable.

These Anti's really get to me, they are so focused on one thing they can't see the other side...the reality. The only thing they know, is that a deer is cute and cuddly on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

I would like to mop the floor with their *****e$ and think kick their butts for not getting in the corners.:mad:

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
WoodyH28 said:
I don't understand, I mean what is C.A.S.H. doing or what do they think they are doing? I would love to converse on the subject with an anti...let him/her explain to me what the hunters are doing to the ecosystem...
Dude, no you wouldn't. You see, your post is so full of common sense, that there is no way you would be able to have any conversation with any anti. They are all about sensationalism, common sense be damned.

Next thing you know, they will have a website keeping track of documented wounding losses derived from those that feel the need to pour their heart out online about not finding their deer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm very careful and always use my full body harness. But if I ever do fall, I hope I land on one of those antis!

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
reflex shooter said:
I bet more people are hurt and killed rollerblading or jogging than hunting.

I think more people are hurt from vending machines falling on them. Of course that's natural selection

1 - 7 of 7 Posts