Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I spoke with Richard today From Storm Archery/Wishbone Manufacturing, and No Kidding, He said they were folding up shop in two months. Now why he told me that I don't know but he said that they were calling it quits. Has anyone herd this yet?

Dave

·
Registered
336 Posts
I am talking to Cathy from Storm on the phone right now and she says they are NOT CLOSING THEIR DOORS!! They are fine and getting busier by the day....So, you all have some missinformation......If you have any questions please call Cathy at 260-927-8056 to clarify......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vasquehiker, In reference to your so call rumor you are trying to spread. If you were a customer in good standing with Storm , as most of our dealers are, and attended the dealer meeting that Storm held at the plant in May at the ASA shoot held in Auburn, you would have informed of the future plans of Storm ARchery. You would have been informed Storm IS HERE TO STAY!!!! Storm has had a booth at most of the IBO shoots. By the way, we missed you at Snowshoe. This is not a rumor, the MSR Team took overall for IBO. Robert Clark took shooter of the year, Lynn Wilson took 1st MSR at Snowshoe, Ann Rimmer too 1st in Female Senior. Our Storm shooters did very well for such a new company. We are all very proud of the outcomes that I have heard so far. We plan on being around and being a formitable competitor in the years to come. This is not rumor, just PLAN FACT!:D :D :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
That seems to be the direction that bow companys go after a relationship with Burley. But if its just a viscious rumor, all that can be said is that at least they did get rid of him.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yea, but I don't think Burley is going to take Mathews down with him. I think they will put a stop to him first. LOL:D :eek:

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Well it is good to see they will continue to be there as I purchased on storm bow a month ago and just got a new 3D / FS model on monday. By the way I do think they make a outstanding product, everthing look good on the bows and they shoot great. I know if it not in the spot it my problem and not equiptment.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not a rumor, just plain fact.

It has just been confirmed that storm archery is no longer. I had posted this thread a few months back, inquiring if anyone had herd what I herd. Then a representitive from storm replied, claiming that I was just spreading rumors and that they were here to stay. He flat out called me a lair. We'll I did not reply to his post because I thought there may be some truth to his story, though I doubted it at the time. I am not the type to spread rumors much less start them and I wanted you guys to know that I had just cause to inquire about thier future in the archery bussiness. It seems that "Stormy" ,Richard, himself was misinformed or just wanted to mis-inform us. I love archery talk and I have learned alot about this sport on here. I wanted to give thanks to everyone on here and I apreciate all your help.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I told they went out of business on Oct 1, 2003. I went to them to ask for support on a bow I purchased in July the top limb near were the axle goes thru the limb had a hairline break. They gave me for several days that the person I should be talking with was out, but they would get back to me, I finally got to the owner on Oct 1, he said the doors was closed and so sorry you have bad limbs but we are out of business. I now have a claim thru visa and pay pall for defective bow, I will maybe eat the cost of the bow. I was hoping they still would make good on a set of 16 inch 60 lb limbs, but the attitude was so sorry, we can not help etc...I loved the bow and I also purchased the top of the line 3D bow with fury shoot thru set up as well, I am glad that one is still shooting etc...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts