Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have micro 335 and am wanting a storm rdx also but it looks bulky in pictures. I have no way of seeing one before ordering. Does anyone have a storm and micro they can post pics of them side by side to compare size. Thanks

·
Crossbow Broke
9,861 Posts
I've owned both but don't have the two shown together. The Micro is tough to beat for compact size. The Storm is smaller than more popular RDT bow. The Storm does carry some weight by is center balanced.

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
Micro is shorter and lighter but the storm is more narrow. Its not bulky at all IMO. It takes some trigger time with the storm to learn it....don't pick it up and expect it to hit a dime at 40yd on your first shot but if you spend some time with it the bow will shoot as good as any out there, fast and well balanced and the new ones have timing dots on the cams and an updated sled. I have mine sighted in and ready to hit the woods this fall

·
Jesus Follower
16,230 Posts
The Micro is definitely smaller.....and it's noticeable. The Storm is not bulky at all though. The storm is almost 2lbs heavier than the Micro. The Storm is also 55fps faster as well :) (if you care about that sort of thing)

·
Registered
9,413 Posts
I have not owned or shot either, only handled them at the local Cabelas. The storm is 2+" longer and feels a lot heavier to pick up. I had shoulder surgery right after Mothers day and it's not easy to hold a crossbow up to aim it yet. I was very surprised that the balance of the Storm alowed me to aim it for quite a while. It felt so heavy to pick up that I almost didn't try it. The Micro you know well if you own one. The Storm is narrower of course. The bow that is actually much closer to the Micro, actually beats it for length, width, and is nearly the same weight and performance is the new Barnett Raptor Reverse. That bow is a joy to handle. Vent 150 has a thread on it now. I know some people will simply not buy a Barnett no matter what, but that struck me as a very nice compact hunting crossbow.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Not sure I will ever get a Storm yet....but my old RDT125 I had was the most accurate freehand crossbow I have owned to 40 yards w/o a sling. It would just sit there and drill the bull with Laser IIs with Firenock AVII vanes on them. The Micro is a joy to shoulder on the other hand.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
[HR][/HR]Here is an Orion next to a Micro. The Orion compared to a Micro as bare bows feels lighter, it's a little longer with the shoulder pad. My goal this season is to hunt with both to compare.

image.jpg

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I just stripped the Micro down bare and shouldered the 2 bows 10 times. Absolute honest opinion, the Orion easily wins. The Micro is very front heavy. Front heavy feels horrible to me now that I'm comparing it to an RDT style bow. Although I still like both, I come to learn that the RdT does feel lighter. I'm not sure of actual weight but I'm going by feel and balance.

·
Jesus Follower
16,230 Posts
I just stripped the Micro down bare and shouldered the 2 bows 10 times. Absolute honest opinion, the Orion easily wins. The Micro is very front heavy. Front heavy feels horrible to me now that I'm comparing it to an RDT style bow.
The Micro front heavy? That's a shocking stating even for me :) Everyone has a different feel though. My it's so critical to get your hands on them before buying.

I hope to get my hands on an Orion someday.

·
Bringer of truth
14,913 Posts
I just stripped the Micro down bare and shouldered the 2 bows 10 times. Absolute honest opinion, the Orion easily wins. The Micro is very front heavy. Front heavy feels horrible to me now that I'm comparing it to an RDT style bow. Although I still like both, I come to learn that the RdT does feel lighter. I'm not sure of actual weight but I'm going by feel and balance.
ouch...well there you have it...........now does the Orion seem a little faster.....? like a pea shooter vs. a .308......?

I actually felt the same thing compared to the Micro as the micro with the anti drifire and the bumpers is still liter then the Orion but by very little and not the weight posted on thier specifications. With the Orion you have the rubber shoulder pad too in the weight of the bow, a very nice feature i.m.o.

·
Jesus Follower
16,230 Posts
ouch...well there you have it...........now does the Orion seem a little faster.....? like a pea shooter vs. a .308......?

I actually felt the same thing compared to the Micro as the micro with the anti drifire and the bumpers is still liter then the Orion but by very little and not the weight posted on thier specifications. With the Orion you have the rubber shoulder pad too in the weight of the bow, a very nice feature i.m.o.
If the Orion specs are accurate.....the Micro is still a full pound lighter. I've never held an Orion but I have owned 2 Ventilators......in my opinion the Micro balances better than the Ventilator. And not even slightly front heavy at all.....not even with a quiver full of arrows. But that's just my personal observation.

Oh and I agree the Scorpyds are faster. :)

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
Nothing with a front end riser balances better for me. You're always fighting weight with them. Been there done that and after owning 3 Excals I'm way past over them.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Weight way out at the end of something is compounded so bad and feels like bricks. When you start adding the scopes to these 2 bows....the Orion still feels lighter. The big meat is in the risers, it feels much better in the middle. I never thought it would matter but in my opinion, a lighter front end is what I'm loving already. This is also me picking my 2 bows apart....I still like both of these very much.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Cheese's photo above says it all for me. I'll take the one on the left every time. Smaller, lighter in weight, perfectly "balanced" for me and there's just something about good looks vs ugly for speed I can't get over. JMHO. I can kill the hell out of deer with that little pea shooter:thumb: I hunted with a reverse draw bow for the better part of one hunting season. Been there done that. I also think the "balance" thing is greatly blown out of proportion....again my opinion, and the wide riser in the middle of the barrel turns me off. I've read where some Scorp shooters are seeing serving separations after as little as 5 shots. No thanks. Micro center servings from Danny Miller are bullet proof. I spent a little time with Ramrod's Storm.....noticeably heavier than the Micro.

Cheese, good unbiased posts.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
If the Orion specs are accurate.....the Micro is still a full pound lighter. I've never held an Orion but I have owned 2 Ventilators......in my opinion the Micro balances better than the Ventilator. And not even slightly front heavy at all.....not even with a quiver full of arrows. But that's just my personal observation.

Oh and I agree the Scorpyds are faster. :)
Clint, I can't remember if it was you or not but Simone said the micros were coming in about a pound heavier than advertised .... My Orion extreme seems heavier than my old Orion , I believe the micro felt a little lighter to me but I can't remember what they actually weigh

·
Jesus Follower
16,230 Posts
Clint, I can't remember if it was you or not but Simone said the micros were coming in about a pound heavier than advertised .... My Orion extreme seems heavier than my old Orion , I believe the micro felt a little lighter to me but I can't remember what they actually weigh
Over a pound heavier. They claim 5.2lbs. It's closer to 6.5lbs (on my 2 scales)

·
Bringer of truth
14,913 Posts
if you once get past the very "toy like" plastic feel of the micro its very nice treestand bow.

they need a nice pad on the end of that stock................:wink:

i been there done that too.

·
Jesus Follower
16,230 Posts
if you once get past the very "toy like" plastic feel of the micro its very nice treestand bow.

they need a nice pad on the end of that stock................:wink:

i been there done that too.
Wow now I've heard front heavy and "toy like plastic feel". Is there some other Micro crossbow out there I'm not familiar with? :) ;)

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
i thought the micro seemed well built myself, i agree on the front heavy part though. but im also not used to shooting recurves

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I already have the micro and love it. I never planned on getting rid of it just adding another to the collection. I was chasing speed. The only bows that interest me are the storm, ls390 and the matrix 380. Do the new solutions have any problems like the old strykers?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts