Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm almost decided when I buy my new bow this year it'll end up being the e32. But the thing I was wondering, if possible, would I save any money at all buying it straight from elite? Rather than buying from my local shop, or would it be the same? I only live about an hour from elite in henrietta.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
I was in retail for awhile, I believe the dealers will beat the factory direct price because "Elite" must not undercut their dealers. I wasn't aware that one could buy direct. I would rather buy from a pro shop anyway, for service and setting up, etc...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was in retail for awhile, I believe the dealers will beat the factory direct price because "Elite" must not undercut their dealers. I wasn't aware that one could buy direct. I would rather buy from a pro shop anyway, for service and setting up, etc...
I wasn't sure if you could or not. I know with some manufacturers you can. And I usually do my own set ups anyway. So in that aspect I'm just lookin for the best price. Especially since the only elite dealer around me I'm not the biggest fan of.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Have you tried Legends of the Fall Outfitters in Tully?

·
Can't wait for September
3,822 Posts
I live about an hour away from Harrisburg, where Spot Hogg is located. I called them and asked about buying a sight. They wanted $20 more than my local shop.

I have also tried this with Leupold and had a similar outcome.

·
Strictly Public Land
12,305 Posts
So I'm almost decided when I buy my new bow this year it'll end up being the e32. But the thing I was wondering, if possible, would I save any money at all buying it straight from elite? Rather than buying from my local shop, or would it be the same? I only live about an hour from elite in henrietta.
A lot of shops set the bow up for no extra charge when you purchase a bow from them. I would support my local dealer, plus you will get better service.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,211 Posts
They probably price it higher to make you go through your local dealer.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figured that'd be the case, I found a couple dealers around me I never knew of that sell elite.

·
Registered
616 Posts
We have a big advantage, being in the same area that Elite is manufactured. There are opportunities to pick up bows next to new or new at a great price. I bought a new bare 2013 Answer and will be taking it down to Mike Price at Heritage Outdoors in Phelps or Rich at Bullzeye Archery in Bloomfield to set up. The bow is still lifetime warrantied and will be set up by one of the best. Both of those guys are top notch and the friendliest bunch you'll ever meet. I have no problem driving an hour to give my business to someone who appreciates their customers and makes you feel welcome!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I live about 1 1/2 hour from my closest dealer, I wish that there were more dealers around here in SC. With Elite becoming more popular do you guys think more dealers will come onboard? I shot Mathews for a long time and so glad I saw the light, Elite makes a GREAT product, and everyone on here is correct, you will get a better deal from your dealer and if you do need help they will take care of you....

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The only plus to buying direct would be hopefully you wouldn't have the long wait for it if you wanted some rare camo. Since you do all your own set up, getting it direct or from the dealer your not to fond of wouldn't matter. Neither one is really tampering with your bow.

As for wait time, I think we would all pay an extra $20 for say a snow camo E32 that we could just go and pick up within a day or two.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts