Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.......I'm fixin' to order myself a new string from Newberry, and I don't have the slightest idea what strand count, and serving size I need. Also, I will be shooting this with Magnocks, so Chris, Pat, Jon? Wanna put your $.02 in? I want it as fast as possible, but I also want a perfect fit for my reciever. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I am shooting 22 strands of 452 with .021 Halo Serving on ALL of my bows and the Magnock reciever fits perfectly...Pro1

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Grant,

I helped a kid at our club put a set of Wayne's strings on and however he makes them...I forget how many strands...but it's the standard way he makes them will fit the magnock reciever just fine. On my setups I am using 20 strands of 8125 and it is working just fine for me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
string--d97, 14
serving--diamond back 0.22

I think 0.18 diamond back will be better considering the receiver needs spin freely. just my 0.2.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Exactly Skip,, I like my to swing FREELY with a LITTLE resistance.. It is a feel thing.. You don't want it to "Flop around" on the string but you do want it to be able to move back and forth horizontally and vertically.. This is where the best performance can be achieved....Pro1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts