Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The dude abides
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,579930,00.html

I don't think this has been mentioned yet today, but looks like a pretty scary situation.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Me encanta cazar
772 Posts

·
The dude abides
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,579930,00.html

I don't think this has been mentioned yet today, but looks like a pretty scary situation.
Posted via Mobile Device
sorry don't think that link worked here is the story.

More than two dozen hunters were still missing in frigid temperatures in Arizona Thursday after they were stranded by a massive snow and ice storm sweeping the country.

Authorities fanned out across the northern part of the state to try to reach 25 to 30 hunters from eight different parties.

The groups got caught in below-freezing temperatures and severe winter storm conditions. The Coconino County sheriff's office says the hunters were trapped by the 2 to 3 feet of snow that fell Monday.

Searchers on skis, snowshoes and snowmobiles from the sheriff's office, Game and Fish and Public Safety departments were helping in the rescue effort Thursday. The focus is on Mormon Lake and other areas near Flagstaff, AZFamily.com reported.

Sheriff's spokesman Jim Driscol said they're checking known camps where the elk hunters may be based.

Some of the missing hunters used their cell phones to call for help, according to AZFamily.com. Among those trapped are children and elderly people, the site said.

Authorities have been able to speak to some of the hunters, who haven't reported any injuries, Driscol said. But officials say time is running out and as the groups' supplies of food, water and heating fuel are dwindling. Driscol said the priority will be to retrieve hunters who may be low on provisions and to get to them before the next storm system hits, possibly this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts