Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had resigned myself to thinking i would forever have and deal with target panic......than along comes CARTER EVOLUTION......and presto.....just like how target panic showed up-out of the blue.....it disappeared, gone....

now if you have ever had TP.....you know that like a golfer having the shanks.....once you find that release or golf club that works without any ill effects.....you never want to put it down.....you are deathly afraid that if you swing another club.....or sample another release....the dreaded shanks or TP will reappear.....

well....i have to tell you.....there have been a couple of releases on the shelf in the barn right within sight of where i shoot....and for the last week or 10 days i have wanted to test drive those releases.....pure back tension releases......but, like i said...if you have ever had TP....you just dont tempt fate......

well....curiosity may have killed the cat.....and who is more versed in the way of the CAT than i......so you know i just had to pick up those release's and try them.....

first i pick up the solution3....gotta say....this is a great back tension release...i really like the way you can engage a safety while you draw....than click....and pull ......i shot 3 arrows and never missed the vegas 10 ring....had no sign what so ever of TP.....was able to hold...aim...and shoot ....

well....after collecting arrows.....i decided to pick up that 3finger carter tension release...i dont even know the name of it....i draw....aim....hold and fire....3 times.....again.....a vegas target face.....3 tens again......

amazing.....the CARTER EVOLUTION has cured me .....TOTALLY of target panic.......

now....looks like CARTER ENTERPRISES have created a monster.....they are going to have to send me on ALL of there tension releases for test drives....

so....moral of the thread.....if you have target panic...fix it...get the evolution....use it...cure yourself and than enjoy all the other releases you were once not able to dare try......

Forrest/Jerry.....are you picking up what im laying down here.....just send them on....each and every one of the pure tension releases.....and especially any like the solution models:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,927 Posts
I'm about to evolve to.Maybe next week if the Can. Customs gods are smiling down on me.
No more heebie geebies,what a relief.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Go on, rub it in. Have fun with your release whilst we Ozzies can't even get one. Due to production/spares whatever problem ours aren't even shipped yet. :cry:
Come on Forrest what is going on. The wait to get one of these is killing me.
Foolishly took advice and sent my other releases for overhaul expecting the evolution to arrive in time to replace them. :embara:
Yes I have e-mailed Forrest but he hasn't replied yet.
Like waiting at Christmas for your first bike to come.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heavy dart said:
I'm about to evolve to.Maybe next week if the Can. Customs gods are smiling down on me.
No more heebie geebies,what a relief.:)
after you get it...post up....id love to hear about your experience and cleansing......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,117 Posts
onebowtie said:
i had resigned myself to thinking i would forever have and deal with target panic......than along comes CARTER EVOLUTION......and presto.....just like how target panic showed up-out of the blue.....it disappeared, gone....

now if you have ever had TP.....you know that like a golfer having the shanks.....once you find that release or golf club that works without any ill effects.....you never want to put it down.....you are deathly afraid that if you swing another club.....or sample another release....the dreaded shanks or TP will reappear.....

well....i have to tell you.....there have been a couple of releases on the shelf in the barn right within sight of where i shoot....and for the last week or 10 days i have wanted to test drive those releases.....pure back tension releases......but, like i said...if you have ever had TP....you just dont tempt fate......

well....curiosity may have killed the cat.....and who is more versed in the way of the CAT than i......so you know i just had to pick up those release's and try them.....

first i pick up the solution3....gotta say....this is a great back tension release...i really like the way you can engage a safety while you draw....than click....and pull ......i shot 3 arrows and never missed the vegas 10 ring....had no sign what so ever of TP.....was able to hold...aim...and shoot ....

well....after collecting arrows.....i decided to pick up that 3finger carter tension release...i dont even know the name of it....i draw....aim....hold and fire....3 times.....again.....a vegas target face.....3 tens again......

amazing.....the CARTER EVOLUTION has cured me .....TOTALLY of target panic.......

now....looks like CARTER ENTERPRISES have created a monster.....they are going to have to send me on ALL of there tension releases for test drives....

so....moral of the thread.....if you have target panic...fix it...get the evolution....use it...cure yourself and than enjoy all the other releases you were once not able to dare try......

Forrest/Jerry.....are you picking up what im laying down here.....just send them on....each and every one of the pure tension releases.....and especially any like the solution models:wink:
OBT, I am glad to hear the Evolution worked for you. Now, I may be wrong, but the "right" thing to do would be send it down the road to Raleigh so I can test drive it! :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heilman181 said:
OBT, I am glad to hear the Evolution worked for you. Now, I may be wrong, but the "right" thing to do would be send it down the road to Raleigh so I can test drive it! :wink:
it as well as many other release's will be available for test drives at all of our up coming state indoor shoots.....:wink:
 

·
In 'Da Head
Joined
·
24,266 Posts
I have not evolved yet, but I did find a Solution:wink: . Every time I was at full draw I was punching like Frazier. I got a Solution 3 and practiced with it religiously, now I can pick up a thumb trigger and shoot it without the punch. I think if anybody is getting trigger happy then a Carter Solution 3 or Evolution is the way to get the monkey off your back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,927 Posts
onebowtie said:
after you get it...post up....id love to hear about your experience and cleansing......
I sure will.If this release does for me what it has done for you I'm going to change my name to Carter.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,117 Posts
onebowtie said:
it as well as many other release's will be available for test drives at all of our up coming state indoor shoots.....:wink:
:mg: The suspense is killing me! Now I have to wait until November :cry: - see you then, if I do not have a breakdown and order one sooner!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,655 Posts
OBT,

Put my order in for one last week...largely based upon your review...so logically, if the 300 30x doesn't come along, well it's on you my friend...o.k. maybe not, but it sounded good. Carter told my dealer that orders for this release are coming in at an astounding rate, so no idea when mine will be in my hands. Any chance you could use some of your OBT voodoo and get mine moved to the front of the line...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rolo said:
OBT,

Put my order in for one last week...largely based upon your review...so logically, if the 300 30x doesn't come along, well it's on you my friend...o.k. maybe not, but it sounded good. Carter told my dealer that orders for this release are coming in at an astounding rate, so no idea when mine will be in my hands. Any chance you could use some of your OBT voodoo and get mine moved to the front of the line...
which shop are you ordered through??? or do you have this order in under your name.....
 

·
has been that never was
Joined
·
14,362 Posts
I have not gotten to spend as much time with my Evolution as I had hoped but I already can tell it's helping with my panic as well.

One HUGE hint for anyone looking to get one. Don't try to figure out how to set it up DURING a tournament... I made that mistake. Got mine back the day before a tourney and shot about 150-200 shots that day. Thought I had it setup the way I wanted. Next morning I didn't feel just right so I put a twist in it... HOLY CRAP was that a mistake.. :chortle: I spent most of the remaining ends not knowing when or if it was going to fire. Went to strong and it would not hardly fire, then went back the other way and it went as soon as I let off the safety.. It was a good experience on how NOT to shoot one of these beauties though.. :wink:

Once you get it setup and get your draw length dialed I think it's going to be hard to beat..
 

·
Electified Archer
Joined
·
3,275 Posts
Ordered mine back in Aug right from Carter, just got off the phone with them last week and was told that the parts should be in and production should continue around the 20th (Sept) so I hope to Evolve soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,562 Posts
I tried to get one in the UK 2 weeks ago but no sign of them yet in Limeyland.

I learning to shoot a release after struggling with target panic whilst shooting fingers and pins. The idea of the Evo appeals to me more than any other release I have seen or tried.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,985 Posts
onebowtie said:
amazing.....the CARTER EVOLUTION has cured me .....TOTALLY of target panic.......
Bowtie . . . be warned . . . TP is a bit like an addiction. Don't spend too much time back on the trigger or it WILL rear its ugly head again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ill be bringing it friday.....holding weight is set very very light.....14 pounds

mr oct. i doubt that i be back on a trigger other than for hunting.....and i have no problem there.....

i feel everyone's pain that hasnt gotten one yet......be patient....there working hard getting them out......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,985 Posts
onebowtie said:
ill be bringing it friday.....holding weight is set very very light.....14 pounds

mr oct. i doubt that i be back on a trigger other than for hunting.....and i have no problem there.....

i feel everyone's pain that hasnt gotten one yet......be patient....there working hard getting them out......
I hear ya OBT . . . I'm actually hunting with my Zenith BT this year. I'm sure I could go to a trigger for hunting but I want to be able to shoot with the same bow otherwise and TP pops up regularly for me in any situation involving competition or anyone watching.

I have my Evolution at the ready for when I finally get my spot bow setup this year (about that Scepter4 :) ) but as of yet it hasn't happened. I had similar experiences with my HHA Little Pull last year. I still have that too and will be comparing contrasting to the Evolution for target season this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
spatan

I e-mailed Carter...... also hoping to evolve. Waiting to know how?:secret:

Staystronge, shoot straight.

Spatan:cocktail:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
OBT .... great to hear you can now enjoy all the release aids that you were so starved of, I am sure that you will have heaps of fun :mg:

Shydog .... I have evolved :shade: mine has been here a week and what a release, the thing is so smooth and crisp. So there is at least one Evolution down under :darkbeer:
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top