Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hunting this evening on an island that my company is about to build out with a yacht club and town homes. I have been challenged to take out the hogs and of course the deer, but most importantly the hogs. While sitting this evening I caught movement through some trees about two hundred yards away at a pond. Just as I got my bino's up and focused I saw the deer (nice rack, though I cant tell you how big) walking into the brush. Right behind him were two hogs, probably about 200 lbs. each. Of course they were all walking away from me and there was only 30 minutes left of shooting light. Needless to say I will be moving my stand, but I have never seen deer and hogs walking together like that. It is a small island, probably 100 acres with several smaller islands around it.
I wonder if it was just a coincidence or if they have buddied up? I have taken six hogs off the island via a trap, two were less than five lbs plus 3 sows 2 of which were pregnant, and one boar. The pregnant ones will raise thier young for a while, but the others have been fattened up and made into sausage already. The two babies I just caught on Saturday morning and they will live for a while too. I dont do any of the slaughtering. I dont think I could do it, but I can shoot them. My bride thinks all of it is aweful, but I can watch it expire in the woods in a natural setting, but I cant kill something that has been penned up. Call me a sissy:cry:
Anyone ever deer and hogs traveling together?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts