Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some folks carry screw in tree steps in case they fall out of stand and are hanging by their harness. I carry two straps instead. They're the same as the suspension relief straps included with all new harnesses now, and have a loop on each end. In case of fall, put a strap around the tree and run one end through the loop on the other end, and pull tight on tree, then step in the loop. Do the same with the other strap and you can slowly work your way back up the tree if below the stand. Or if using a safety line, you can get high enough to reach the prusick knot so you can slide it down and then slowly descend the tree by moving the straps one at a time. Beats hanging in a tree by a harness while waiting for help to arrive.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gary,
Where did you get the straps from? Can you post a picture?

Thanks,
jmak
Mine came with some stands...and reading the tags they are the suspension relief straps from the safety harnesses (didn't know that before; they were lose in boxes). Rather than just hang there, if I need to use one I'll use two and be mobile up/down the tree rather than be stuck in place. The straps are 1" wide, 7 1/2 ft long, loops on each end. I put my spare release in the photo for size reference. The tree is actually pretty big, I can barely reach around it, so on most trees I'm in the ends will hang longer. These could be made at home with extra strapping from a broken ratchet strap or from strong rope. These have a second layer of orange material in the loops, but the main lengths are single layer black strap.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Gary,
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post and provide the pictures. I have someone sewing some webbing for me now and will round up some one inch material and have her sew the end loops for me.

Thanks,
jmak

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gary,
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post and provide the pictures. I have someone sewing some webbing for me now and will round up some one inch material and have her sew the end loops for me.

Thanks,
jmak
My pleasure... hope it helps!
:darkbeer:

·
Registered
625 Posts
I bought a new harness recently and was actually surprised to see this with it. I carry it all the time now. I also carry and extra long prusik loop incase I can't get this around the tree. I can tie the prusik to the lifeline and use it the same way.
I actually make these now.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I bought a new harness recently and was actually surprised to see this with it. I carry it all the time now. I also carry and extra long prusik loop incase I can't get this around the tree. I can tie the prusik to the lifeline and use it the same way.
I actually make these now.

Can you post a picture of what you sell? Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.