Archery Talk Forum banner

Striker Magnums and Blazers

458 5
Hey all. As of now I have my arrows tipped with the new G5 Tekans and I usually take an arrow loaded with a Standard Striker along with me. I use 2" blazer vains on my GT's and I'm wondering if I would have trouble controlling a Striker Magnum with the blazers? Arrow shaft is 28-1/4" and the rest of my specs are in my signature. I am testing a couple different heads this year and the Magnums intrigue me but I'm not sure about flight. The blades will be going in a 100 gr. ferrel so I will not be shooting 125 gr. heads. My Tekans and Strikers I can put through the same hole as my field points, so any input on the mags would be appreciated. Thanks and stay safe.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6,069 Posts
I have had no troubles with mag blades in 100 grain ferrule flying nicely for me. I shoot beman team realtrees at 27" with 3 blazers. I did notice that at 30 and 40 yards they do drop more than a 100 grain head (about 1"-2") but that is to be expected with the extra weight.

· Registered
547 Posts
Striker Mag flight

I shoot 27 " FMJ's tipped with the striker mag and blazers. At 40 yds they still fly well. At 20 or 30 they are dead on. I shot a 230 lb 9 point last Thursday using the Striker Mag for the first time. It smashed the entry shoulder and passed through completely. Buck went 40 yards. The blades and ferrel were as new and still spun true. I always retire an arrow and broadhead used in a kill, but spun it just to see if took the hit. By the way, the shot was 19 yds. I will be taking the same set up to Indiana the first week of November. I love messing with all kinds of broadheads, but these striker mags are perfect for whitetails ! Good flight, super sharp, big hole, and great penetration. This is the best combination of all that is necessary to kill a big whitetail:darkbeer:

· Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lookin forward to them. Good luck Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.