Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which flies more true to your field points?

·
Registered
36,025 Posts
They both fly great.

2 excellent heads

both strong and well made.

Montec produces a little more noise in flight.

Strikers are far sharper.

I choose Strikers.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
They are about the same, at least in the bows I have personally compared. Both are great flying heads. I also shoot the Strikers - mainly because they are so sharp right out of the package.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Strykers

Everyone has a story about the big one that got away. Honest to god, the best deer I ever had the chance to shoot (trophy to me) came up behind me and stopped broadside at 10yds. This was the first year I had ever used fixed blades, Montecs actually. Long story short, it was a steep shot, but arrow just stuck in him and I watched him run away across the field, look back, then he disappeared in the timber. I bet that shaft didn't go half way in. I was sick. I looked for him for hours. Anyhow, I shoot Strykers now. They are razor blade sharp. I'm still haunted by what happened. Those opportunities for a good deer are few and far between, atleast for me.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I used them both and now use the Strykers. Sharper and much easier to change out the blades versus resharpening. I had a tough time resharpening a couple of the montecs, they blew thru a deer and into the ground and were dinged up by rocks.

I have not found a sharper blade on the market a couple are close.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The strikers fly better and are much sharper but I still shoot the montechs because they look way more badass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts