Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 1 and a half months ago I bought one of the new Bengals at a local bow shop in Oklahoma. Ive been shootin it atleast 4 days a week since I bought it. I love it. That was until this weekend when me and a buddy was shootin our bows this last Saturday when my string broke. Made me so mad, here 6 days until bow season. I love this bow, quite, smooth, fast, and all. But I have no string on it as of right now. Im goin to get a zebra string put on it either tomorrow or the next day. Oh yeah and it broke my whisker biscuit when it broke. I just dont know if this is going to happen again.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
broke string...

Where did the string break?. Would be nice to have a little more info.

PUG

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It broke where it goes throught the cable slide, right under it.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
bowhunt_15 said:
When you get a new string make sure you replace your cable slide. Sounds like you got some grit imbedded in it that abraded the string.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
hmmm...

bowhunt_15 said:
Thats interesting....I haven't seen that happen in years....PM me your addy and I'll hook ya up with a new string and cable and cable slide...

PUG

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big :thumbs_up for Martin. I put this thread on here and ten minutes later I already had some service from Martin. Big THANKS again Martin. M4L

·
Registered
502 Posts
my buddys bengal is doing to the same thing but he took a file and filed the inside edge where the string tracks and it is helping a bunch but it still has a little probablem. To me the string isnt riding in the groove like it should it comes out just enough to catch the edge of the cam were the string tracks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts