Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this has been asked before here, and I tried to find it but I could not. I did find a little info on google but not much. so heres it is, when I look from behind my bow not drawn my string lines up perfectly with the center of my rest, however it does not line up with the tip of my sights, does it supposed too? I believe my center shot is pretty close, and I am accurate with my bow I havent been worried too much about it. but when I was showing someone my bow they said that its supposed to all line up with the tip of the sights. but at full draw everything seems perfect I shoot left and I believe the tip of the sights was too the right of my string and rest when looking from the back.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
When the bow is at full draw the cams lean and the riser rotates (torques) in your hand. At this point the string, rest and sight DO line up, but just not at rest. If you can get rid of any cam lean or have a bow with shoot through harnessing they will all line up at rest and at full draw.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Your fine. Few bow have everything line all up the same. It has to do with the string travel (nock) and the whole cam and cable design. I'm right handed and my bows have the sight to the left of the string at rest, when looking from behind not drawn. Yet the arrow hits where the sight points. Main thing is to make sure your center shot is right. Do walk back tuning. Then use your windage to get back to center on target. That will take care of your left, right.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When the bow is at full draw the cams lean and the riser rotates (torques) in your hand. At this point the string, rest and sight DO line up, but just not at rest. If you can get rid of any cam lean or have a bow with shoot through harnessing they will all line up at rest and at full draw.
well is this a normal thing with alot of shooters? or is it just me and is it something I need to correct? does it hurt anything to have the cam lean which makes everything line up?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your fine. Few bow have everything line all up the same. It has to do with the string travel (nock) and the whole cam and cable design. I'm right handed and my bows have the sight to the left of the string at rest, when looking from behind not drawn. Yet the arrow hits where the sight points. Main thing is to make sure your center shot is right. Do walk back tuning. Then use your windage to get back to center on target. That will take care of your left, right.
your reply makes me feel alot better, I have done some walk back tuning and it seems to be shooting the same at all distances.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
well is this a normal thing with alot of shooters? or is it just me and is it something I need to correct? does it hurt anything to have the cam lean which makes everything line up?
It's pretty much the norm. If you're a right handed shooter and line everything up you'll see the sight just left of the rest and string with almost any bow that has a cable guard or rollers. The cam lean thing isn't a huge deal, but tweaking a bow to minimize it sure doesn't hurt at all.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's pretty much the norm. If you're a right handed shooter and line everything up you'll see the sight just left of the rest and string with almost any bow that has a cable guard or rollers. The cam lean thing isn't a huge deal, but tweaking a bow to minimize it sure doesn't hurt at all.
thanks man, I guess next time when my father in law tells me that my bow isin't right Im gonna tell him to go get his piece of **** wal mart bow with his whisker biscuit, an lets have a shoot out. lol

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
It's horizontal nock travel which cause's this and Buster of X's is exactly right. The line of Prime bow's addresses this issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts