Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals let's here your opinions. I want your choices for colors and string types. Let me have them all camo or colors. These will help me decide on my inventory in the future.

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jerry, I have talked to Wayne. I have been making strings for quite a while I can make quite a nice string and Iam considering starting my own business out of it. I just wanted some color opinions. And what types people prefer.

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,425 Posts
Lately I've been into a yellow/black (or dark brown) combo... They look real nice on either a camo or a pro-red bow. I usually have that or a red/black combo on my Cougar. For my Platinum Scepter 3 I like the red/black the best. The Mathews black cherry color really looks great in a yellow/burgundy combo string and burgundy cable.

Oh, I too have made a string or two... :)

·
Occam's Razor
8,325 Posts
red, white, and blue

yellow and red

maroone and gold/yellow

black and white

white and any other color that's bright.

How about offering string color of different Colleges

Or team colors of pro football, baseball, basketball teams.............................ck

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Take a look at the manufactures target colors and you can get a pretty good feel for what all the desired colors would be.
Black and White will be a standard thread color to have
Blue
Red
Green
Maroon
Tan/Brown
Grey

Seems like that would cover most all of the colors I can remember seeing. And I'm sure the same assortment of servings would be a good idea too.
HTH
And thanks for all the advice you've given me with string making. Best of luck to ya

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike, I have just about every thread color you could get. I just don't want to have string material sitting around and not use it. I am trying to get a base for my inventory. and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Sean

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I have used and liked red/blue, red/black, gold/red, or the basic brown/black/green camo looking strings. I have used 8125 and ultracam material as of late, and gotta say I like the ultracam alot! The 8125 is great also, but it seems the ultracam is more stable.

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,218 Posts
I try to match my string colors to my bow colors. It just looks REAL good. Black UltraTec, black and silver strings. Camo UltraTec, black and tan (tan because the dark brown is pretty dark) strings.

·
Member # 75
3,483 Posts
black string and cables with black servings.

black string and cables cause less distraction in the field of view while shooting.

·
Registered
337 Posts
string color combo's

I just saw a Flame Ultratec with Red/Yellow strings it was awesome! I like Blue/white on blue bow; Green/brown looks great too!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have a ultratec flame and I like theses colors:

Yellow/Black
Red/Black
Red

Thank you

Pixies

·
Registered
933 Posts
Camo color combo (Brown/Tan/Green) has been the most popular this month by far thanks to hunting season. Red/Black (keep plenty of black!), Black/Olive Drab, Red/White/Blue tricolor, also popular this month.

Definately keep Black, Red, Blue. I'm also stocking yellow,green,white,purple and the new Tri Color blue/black/grey that looks very nice.

BCY is supposed to have a dual color string material available that forms a pattern when strung.

Keep at least .021 & .026 centerserving sizes in various colors. I only stock 2D for endservings. I haven't found any reason to use anything else.
HTH & Good Luck!
Wayne

·
Registered
437 Posts
Strings

Sean, Here is a photo of a couple of your strings. I will say you make some very nice strings. The picture may not do them justice but on the Cyber is tri-colored camo and on the Bowtech it is the chocolate with forest green servings. Hoytshooter knows his strings. Thanks Sean.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts