Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to start the string making business up and need to restock string materials from BCY so Let hear what the popular colors are guys and gals.

String Colors in 452X
Serving Colors

my standard set of strings will be a 24 strand 452X three color set with Brown, Green and Black with Black servings of 3D.

Thanks,
jkeiffer

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Black and orange
Flo green and black
red and black
solid red

seems to be the most used.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
I like red & yellow, red & black strings on camo bows, although I have just got a big spool of orange to make some orange and black strings.

But it depends on the bow colour for example blue/black looks good on a blue bow but daft on a red bow.

I make my own strings but don't sell them and this is what I have...
Red,Blue,Orange,Yellow,Black,Silver & Silver/White. All in 452X

Also a wide selection of serving materials and colour mainly Halo and diamondback. With this I have most things covered if I or a friend need strings or cables made.

If your going to start selling then red,blue,green,black,silver string material is a must I think.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Dark green and brown are pretty common on camo bows I think.

·
Breathn
12,516 Posts
ttt

my most ordered color combos are red and black, flo green and black,and flame and black...so keep plenty black in stock..

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys keep it coming, also what color servings would you recomend besides Black and brown?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Common ones I use are:
- Metallic bronze
- Green
- Flo. green
- Flo. orange
- Red
- Yellow
- Black is often the base colour people want (e.g. bronze/black, etc.) so keep lots of it on hand.

For end serving I usually try to have colours on hand that match up to the darker colours (e.g. black, green, od green, red, etc.) Same as above keep lots of black on hand:D

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the help,
jkeiffer

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Flame/black
Mountain Berry/Black
Flo Green/brown or tan
Flo orange/brown or tan
Halo

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Offering the clear serving would be nice.
Posted via Mobile Device
just learned that trick last night so I think I will give it a try before offering it.

Thanks again,
jkeiffer

·
Owner WR Custom Bowstring
1,057 Posts
A quarter lbs spool of every color wouldn't be a bad idea. A 1lbs spool of black is a good idea as well. As for serving colors you will need them all. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A quarter lbs spool of every color wouldn't be a bad idea. A 1lbs spool of black is a good idea as well. As for serving colors you will need them all. Good luck.
thats what i plan on working up to but just starting out I am trying to keep my overhead low.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Unless you have all colors you will never have what your customers want.

Kind of like feltchings.Everybody wants something different.

Good luck.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Soory for the off topic question but are your plans for prices for a complete set of strings? String and Cables?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Soory for the off topic question but are your plans for prices for a complete set of strings? String and Cables?
prices will be $60 single cam
$65 single cam with roller guard
$70 any dual/twin/binary/hybrid.

price will be shipped TYD initially it will be BCY 452X with 3D serving unless I get an overwhelming response for a different serving type. prices will be same for 1, 2, or three collor strings with 24 strands (actually) std string will be Brown/Tan, Green and Black with black servings.

what I will actuall do is break it up and have it ona per cable basis and have it online ordering with CC 24/7.

I should be online with them in January once we have finalized the website layout.

Thanks,
jkeiffer

·
Registered
672 Posts
Thanks. Sounds good. Like you said, let us know when you are up and running.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts