Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any compatabilty issues mixing 452X and Trophy together in a string/cable or 8125 and 8125G together ?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I always have had peep sight rotation problems if I tried to mix trophy and 452x in a string. It is fine for the cables. I don't use 8125.

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
we've mixed trophy and 452x in the same string/cable thousands of times with no issues. My dominator has 2 colors of 452x and 2 colors of trophy without any issues.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I use 452x to make my strings. I accidentally checked the wrong box and ordered a spool of trophy. Called Lancaster and they told me that 452x and trophy could not be mixed. However, based on the above post by 60X I will now do it.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Just wanted others to chime in as well on the subject. Just kind of assumed that one shouldn't mix materials, but after realizing that neither of the 452X or trophy will creep, I feel a little better about combining the two.

·
www.archery-zone.com
1,200 Posts
I have mixed 452X and Trophy with no problems ether.

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
Just kind of assumed that one shouldn't mix materials, .
SHOOT string set on my matrix for whole year of 2011 was a mix of BCY D10 and Astroflight, 50/50 and it had no issues at all, and i got to see what material held up better of the two.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies. The way I understood it Trophy is 452X with the addition of Gore fiber to make the material more resistant to wear and "fizzing"; the same with the 8125 and 8125G. I sent an e-mail to BCY and didn't get a responce, so I thought if anyone would know I would find them here.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
SHOOT string set on my matrix for whole year of 2011 was a mix of BCY D10 and Astroflight, 50/50 and it had no issues at all, and i got to see what material held up better of the two.
Dennis , how are you liking the D10? I have a couple of spools here but haven't made a string with it yet.

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
wear was better than the astro, astro fuzzed up after about 6 months. the lower half of string below center serving always rubs on my leg and had the most wear. didnt have any performance issues just the wear and like i said the astro crumbled before the D10. If it were a non hunting rig i bet it would stay very nice looking alot longer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts