Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be getting new strings soon not sure what the best choice is. I think I heard enough to turn me off to 8190 a lot seem to say strech in heat and I shoot all year round. so there's trophy and 452x and can't remember what wicked 1 said he uses but something different what's pros and cons of all?

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Trophy and 452x will be the same except trophy will be slightly larger diameter because of the added gore fiber,but trophy wont fuzz like 452x will..both matetials will hold up and be very stable..

Sent from my LGL75C using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trophy and 452x will be the same except trophy will be slightly larger diameter because of the added gore fiber,but trophy wont fuzz like 452x will..both matetials will hold up and be very stable..

See I read that about trophy basically same dependability 452 but has gore so last longer but seems very few use trophy and most use 452 so that confuses me cause sounds like no brainer trophy is better. So why does it seem trophy is not used by most?

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Probally because 452x is significantly cheaper would be my guess...its hard enough to make a good profit as a string builder with fet tax and cost of materials and shipping and insurance,so I'm sure most figure since both materials hold up aswell as the other its not worth the extra money..that's purely just a personal opinion though and other builders may have there own reasons..

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I have about 5000 shots on a set of 8190 strings and have no stretch yet, temp down here can be a bit extreme.
I'm with ya here aussie...I build a lot from 8190 and haven't had an issue yet with it..but I think the hottest weather I've personally shot 8190 in was high 90's..should be hot enough though that if 8190 was gonna stretch it would've stretched already ...atleast you'd think..I also do a lot of 8190 strings with trophy cables for customers that have heard this rumor and want peace of mind,with 0 issues also..were susposed to be gettn 100 +degree temps in the next week,so guess ill finally get to put the 8190 to test..

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
Can't go wrong with 8190 or 452x. If you're on the fence go with 8190 string and 452x cables. This will give the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
I'm with ya here aussie...I build a lot from 8190 and haven't had an issue yet with it..but I think the hottest weather I've personally shot 8190 in was high 90's..should be hot enough though that if 8190 was gonna stretch it would've stretched already ...atleast you'd think..I also do a lot of 8190 strings with trophy cables for customers that have heard this rumor and want peace of mind,with 0 issues also..were susposed to be gettn 100 +degree temps in the next week,so guess ill finally get to put the 8190 to test..

x2 I try not to say much because Im just a little guy and my word dosent hold much weight, but I have had non problem with 8190 stretching once I got my process down

I use it because I like it I have no other motive, if it wasn't good I would save a few bucks and buy 452x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts