Archery Talk Forum banner

string for non-rotating peeps

555 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Limey
I shoot fingers without a peep, but my eyes are getting to the point where I may install one. I don't want the rubber tubing that most peeps need to align themselves. i see strings advertise that they will keep the peep aligned, but I suspect that is more for release shooters. Anyone have any ideas on keeping a peep aligned, w/o tubing, and shooting fingers?

Thanks
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,485 Posts
The same ones that work well for release shooters would work well for fingers. When I shot with a peep and fingers it always rotated. I quickly learned to "set" the position as I grabbed the string to about a quarter turn to the left and it would rotate into position by the time I reached full draw. That was one advantage we finger shooters had over the release guys.

· Registered
1,356 Posts
I have had several bows where the string did not rotate at all, making setting up a peep really easy.

However, if you are getting a consistent rotation, then get someone to assist you and draw the bow up in the normal way and hold. Get you assistant to put a small dot of tipp-ex on the string right in front of your eye. This will tell you which direction to install the peep.

I use tru peep, and have done for years.

· Registered
3,008 Posts
The currently available and expensive pre-stretched strings do really well with peep rotation. I have several bows setup for fingers and peep sights and there is no peep rotation at all other than the little I impart myself. The ones I've tried and had excellent luck with include Winners Choice, Stone Mountain and Bucknasty. There are lots of others.

· Registered
750 Posts
It can be done

I believe all peeps will move some until a string settles in. Then you can adjust the peep's rotation by moving a string to the other side or twisting the string until it is positioned where you want it. It 'should' remain in place. Try a search on AT for adjusting peeps or ask for some help from a pro shop. It is worth the work, I don't like the rubber tubing method either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.