Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What strings do you all like for your recurves? I just got a used Win Win Inno CXT 27# and 68”, 24# limbs. Not sure if I should order from Lancaster or order custom strings?

Thanks for your help,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I would imagine Lancaster would be the place- large variety and really good quality strings. I've never had a problem with their strings. Check the serving size (call and talk to the tech) vs the throat of your arrow nocks to be sure they match. Can't see an advantage of a custom string for a recurve.

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
I order mine from 60X. For a recurve, order a string 4 inches shorter than the bow's AMO length. For a longbow, 3 inches shorter.

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
I order from OCD strings

Wasn't sure exactly what I needed or what I should be looking for, but a quick phone call and strings were on their way. Also important to let the builder know what limb brand/model; apparently my Uukhas have an abnormal tip but knowing this OCD did the end loops differently for a better fit.

BTW also shooting an Inno CXT, but with medium limbs so it's 70".

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone for the replies. Good info on UUKHA as I’m waiting on my UUKHA EX1 EV02 limbs to arrive,

Happy 4th of July

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
861 Posts
I make a lot for the collage clubs with 8125g

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
I make a lot for the collage clubs with 8125g

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Hello, I've never heard of Sott's Strings. But I found your website.

I have longbows and recurves. I understand that a longbow string is 3 inches shorter than the bow's advertised length and a recurve string is 4 inches shorter.

I saw a place to enter string colors, but didn't see any colors to select from (like on 60X's web site). How do I put the colors?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My custom strings from 60X for my Win Win CXT shipped today and I only order the other day!

Thanks 60X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts