Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
There is nothing wrong with D-75 Thin material. I use it on my hunting bows for the string. I always use UltraCam for my cables. I currently use UltraCam for my string for indoor and I have been trying 452X for 3D. I have found that UltraCam is by far the best when it comes to settling in and staying put, but it is not the fastest material out there.

IMHO, D-75 Thin settles very fast and usually will not move on you once it has settled. I pre-stretch all of my strings and it takes only about 20 shots to settle it in. It may not be the fastest material, but I prefer the stability with good speed versus some instability with fast speed.

If you want speed, you may have to deal with stretch and creep.

If you want stability, you may have to deal with lower speeds.

·
Registered
9,514 Posts
Vapor Trail VTX

Give Jarod a call at Vapor trail's, you will love talking to him, he's a great guy :thumbs_up plus you'll probably have a new set of strings within a few days, his service is amazingly fast for custom strings. I've got his strings on all 3 of my Hoyt's, and they shoot great, and look awesome :teeth:
Phone # 1-800-310-8110
Oh,ya NO PEEP ROTATION :teeth: :teeth:

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
hansel said:
Give Jarod a call at Vapor trail's, you will love talking to him, he's a great guy :thumbs_up plus you'll probably have a new set of strings within a few days, his service is amazingly fast for custom strings. I've got his strings on all 3 of my Hoyt's, and they shoot great, and look awesome :teeth:
Phone # 1-800-310-8110
Oh,ya NO PEEP ROTATION :teeth: :teeth:
He makes his own strings, why would someone who make's there own buy them?? He was asking about material.

That said, I agree with 10xring -- nothing wrong with d75 thin. It is a good fast material. I also agree with ultracam being outstanding. I liked Ultracam way better than 450+ but I am now using 452X and once I get more shots on it, I will form a better opinion, but it looks good so far.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I also use 452X. I changed to 452X because I needed a string that would not creep, so far it has been rock solid.

Darrel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.