Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to dive into string building for myself and friends for the time being. I am looking at the Little John and the new one toad put up. Can you guys that build post up some pics of your jigs? Any advice on them as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,682 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am really leaning and considering the little John and was hoping some that use it would chime in. I want to get the most and best for my money but don't want to overlook any.

·
Breathn
12,648 Posts
ttt

well I have built several of my own jigs and they worked great..but right now I have 3 LIl Joh Jigs and love them..I am also going to get a apple pro server soon but will probably keep the lil johns also..they work great..

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
I got lucky!

I started off with the Little Jon. Zero regrets.

I have one ot Toads presses, and I'd guess his jig is good as well, though I've never tried it

Get on over to the String Forum and do some searching.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I have a Little John jig and winder well worth every penny mine has paid for itself a while ago. The strings I can produce on it are first class. They also have taken some big shoots like a 2nd last year MBO Nelsonville and a 5th there also and 1st this year Nelsonville in HC as well as 2nd overall Triple Crown in HC and 3rd IBO Worlds HC thats the quality you can get out of a Little John. I have yet to build a set that needed retuning after installation they dont move.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Little Jon

Do a google and you will find him. You can buy his DVD for $20 and see the jig in action and learn a ton to boot. I don't have his jig but wish I did.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Will be replacing my apple jig with a Lil Jon by the year end myself

·
Registered
250 Posts
The jigs look simple to make. I am a machinist so I would rather get some plans and make one myself.

I have been reading the threads here on the board on the process but a little confused.

Whitch videos should I buy so I can get started?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts