Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever had issues with their tune after installing string leeches??? I had my bow shooting bullets through paper last night but it wasn't as quiet as it used to be. Went to the store and picked up a couple limbsaver string leeches and installed them on the string today. Now, the thing has a horrible nock left tear through paper. Probably a good inch or so and a tad bit high. What gives???

·
Bears Den Precision
3,634 Posts
I have not seen them effect tune, speed by a few fps sometimes, but not the tune. What is the placement of the leeches.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Anybody ever had issues with their tune after installing string leeches??? I had my bow shooting bullets through paper last night but it wasn't as quiet as it used to be. Went to the store and picked up a couple limbsaver string leeches and installed them on the string today. Now, the thing has a horrible nock left tear through paper. Probably a good inch or so and a tad bit high. What gives???
Where did you place the leeches? If you placed them on the cables, then yes, you may have changed the length of the cables unequally (even if it's off by 1/16"), thus affecting the cam timing, which would through your bow out of tune.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 on the string about 2 inches from the end of the serving.

·
Bears Den Precision
3,634 Posts
I doubt adding them would have messed with tuning that much, however as stated above by adding them you may have slightly changed the length of the string, recheck your cam timing to see if your cams are still hitting the draw stops at the same time.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
You want them at the end of the servings, approx. 3" from the cams on most bows.

Pull them out and see if it goes back to normal like Andy. said. Easiest way to tell.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Pulled the leeches and shot 1 shot through paper. I've been pulling my hair out for years trying to get this thing to shoot a bullet through paper (and to think, all this time I was blaming poor genetics on the bald spot on top of my head). Always had leeches on the string and always had a nock left tear. Never again!!! The bows plenty quiet without them.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I had the same problem with one AR34. That bow would not tune with the leaches. I had them in 3 other bows at the time and no problems. I pulled them from the AR and never put them back on it. I did like them on the other bows so I left them in them.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Try installing cat whiskers, evenly distributed around the string. They should balance better on the string than string leeches.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts