Archery Talk Forum banner

String Leeches on Mathews?

1421 9
Mathews dealer here told me NOT to put string leeches on a Mathews. Said I was wasting my money and the extra weight would make the factory supressors wear out faster.. Did it quiet your Mathews down?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
518 Posts
I personally think they are junk. I had some that shot off the string when shooting the bow. I am a BIG fan of good 'ol cat whiskers. They take any noise right out of the string.

I realize some people may like the string leeches, so this is a very subjective question. Good luck.

· Registered
405 Posts
I put string leeches on my Drenalin. My buddy asked me why I did it so I took them off and found out that I did not need them. I use a Cabela's S3 string suppressor and a 7" Octane stabilizer with a 3" Doinker screwed into the end for added weight. My bow is quiet. If you want to add cat whiskers a guy on You Tube has a really cool way of putting them on. I will try to find the site for you.

· I am the Tin Man!
2,985 Posts

· Registered
55,421 Posts
Your dealer is blowing smoke. They do not wear the suppresors out. Our shop uses crossbow leeches and they hold well and do help to a small degree. Suppresor on the top will wear fast from not having the cam rotation set correctly.:wink:

· Registered
2,615 Posts
Cat whiskers will quiet it down and I have seen no wear issues on the mission with suppressors that I put them on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.