Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, which seem to provide the most dampening, string leeches or whiskers? Does one provide any inherent advantages over the other? Which do you prefer? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Properly done whiskers are just a little quieter, but they also cause more speed loss than leeches. That said, if you put an STS on your bow, you won't need either. Can anyone say,"uncluttered string"?
Dave Nowlin

·
Registered
85 Posts
STS setting

I put an STS on my bow yest, and left just a sliver of space between the rubber and the string. I took off my leeches and shot the string buzzed badly I then had the sts touch the string, and it still buzzes. Any advice????

Craig

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Dave Nowlin said:
Properly done whiskers are just a little quieter, but they also cause more speed loss than leeches. That said, if you put an STS on your bow, you won't need either. Can anyone say,"uncluttered string"?
Dave Nowlin

Here is a test I am doing with the string leeches. Didn't compare them to the whiskers or anything, but I believe I have found the best of both wrolds with these things...

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=218452

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
imho, wiskers work a tad bit better, and last considerably longer....... :wink:

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I find the whiskers work better, cost about 10% as much as leeches, and last as long as the bow string.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
I was thinking about attaching the skirt off of a spinner bait...LOL. A nice purdey orange one! I'm sure it would work! :p

·
Registered
481 Posts
I like the whiskers. They last for several years & cost way less. As far as the speed loss goes I'm not real sure. I have never done any testing on it. The way I put my whiskers on & cut them cause them to form a small little ball. Looks good too.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I've taken all that stuff off my bow and have the stock BowTech limb scilencers on and the STS. That is all I need or want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts