Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the string length is for the Hoyt Dorado or how to measure the length? I want to order a new string, but the website that I was checking out states they need the string length and not the bow length.

Also, how often do you need to wax the string? How often should I twist the string?

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
yeah let me know, i have specs from when i built string for mine but i have the shorter limbs, but easy enough to build either if you have a starting point.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
String is normally 4' shorter than bow untwisted. I generally twist up 1/2 inch. I will make a set for you just give me a call. Check my feedback. I make a great set of strings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm confused, how is the string four feet shorter then the bow untwisted? Shouldn't the string be longer untwisted? Sorry I'm new to the traditional methods and way of thinking, because of that I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

Plus that still does not answer how I would measure my string length. Would you include the full length of the string with the loops, without the loops or with the loops un attached?

Thank you again for any help!

·
edthearcher
6,481 Posts
I'm confused, how is the string four feet shorter then the bow untwisted? Shouldn't the string be longer untwisted? Sorry I'm new to the traditional methods and way of thinking, because of that I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

Plus that still does not answer how I would measure my string length. Would you include the full length of the string with the loops, without the loops or with the loops un attached?

Thank you again for any help!
not 4 feet shorter, 60 inch amo recurve make string 4 or 5 inches shorter, from the inside of the end loops stretched under 100 lbs of preassure. so 60 inch bow make string 56 inches

1 - 9 of 9 Posts