Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed some minor fraying on my cable where my string loop is hitting it. I thought it was the direction the knot was tied, so I removed and retied.

Shot a couple times and it still is hitting. I have not had this problem until recently - I got some form advice from a target shooter at a pro shop. The only thin I can think of is my grip hand placement change has caused this. I am shooting better now so I dont want to change it back.

My bow is a Reflex Prowler. I have been thinking of trying a sting suppressor (Deadly Quiet Pro by Saunders). Anybody use it or something similar?

Or, can I run the cables on the outside of the cable guard?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just put mine on yesterday. I removed my peep sight and cat whiskers, leaving only my string loop on the string (at the same time I installed a Hind rear sight). I picked up 5 to 6 fps. With my 500 gr arrow that is 61 ftlbs (a gain of 3 ftlbs). My bow is a Hoyt Raider. It is much more quiet and smoother now. In fact, with less noise in the bow, I noticed that my arrows are a little noisy in flight and I’m trying 4” vanes instead of 5”.

Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FL Swamp Hunter-

Whay did you remove the peep sight? Was that required or did you do that just to remove hardware from your string? Or was it because you were going with the rear sight system?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wanted to improve my low light sighting. The Hind sight glows in the dark.
I also was trying to remove as much weight as possible from my string. The Deadly Quiet mounts to the cable rod, and on my bow, that puts it down out of the way of the sights. I just did two upgrades at once and neither interfered with the other, but both helped add more energy to my launched arrows.

Mark

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
IMO a loop getting into a cable is a likely sign of wheel lean, and a loooooong loop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts