Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a string loop mandatory with a short ata like my xt? And will I benefit anything from using one? I have been shooting w/o one, but seems the serving is gonna take some abuse from my release. Sorry is this is a repeat question:embara:

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
I shot off the string on my old 41" ATA bow, but when I got the XT, it was obvious that I would be pinching the heck out of my nock between the release and nock point. Others told me there was a possibility of having the nock come off the string at full draw.

·
Registered
18,461 Posts
I would go with a short D-loop IMHO. Even with a nocking point and eliminator (cushion button) if you let down after draw the nock tends to disengage a bit on short ata bows. D-loop also saves on the wear and tear of your serving. Some releases tend to pinch the serving. The Scott Mongoose is a great choice as Deezlin stated, and is pretty serving friendly in my experience if you choose to shoot off the string.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
I do not like loops so I shoot with a Gator Jaw release.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
I shoot directly off the string on both my Tribute and my Allegiance. It is a confidence thing. I don't like strings and cord coming out of my rest, and I don't like cord tied around my bowstring for a loop. I doubt it would make me a better shot. If it works for you that's great, but it is just not for me:)

·
74,535 Posts
I sure think d-loop is best.

Works best. Short axle bows seem to have a tendacy to pinch the nock.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. I just tied one on and am heading to shoot techno here in a couple hours, hope I got that sucker on there good,lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts