Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I,ve switched from a peep with the rubber tubing aligner to a simple true peep with no tubing and I love it. No noise and no tubing to break at the worst time. Any way I use crown serving as my center serving and shoot with a string loop. I ,ve twisted the string so that it pretty much lines up with my eye and then fine tune by using my loop to keep the peep turned correctly. Any way it looks like my loop keeps turning slightly on the center serving which causes my peep not to turn
correctly. I think this is due to the fact that the crown serving is slick which keeps my loop from biting into it. I am thinking about putting a drop or two of glue on my loop knots to keep it from slipping. Is this a good idea and has anyone done this before? Thanks, Dear host

·
Bowhemian
8,311 Posts
Put one of these on your string. It's a T.R.U. SpeedNok. Ten dollars from Lancaster or Cabelas. They work beautifully and cause no problems at all. Your peep will line up perfectly every time for the life of the string.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
I have heard of several things to do. Some guys do add a dab of glue, while others use serving to tie the knots tighter to the center serving. While others will not burn the ends but continue them for about 1/4 to 1/2 inch down the center serving and then wrap them before burning the ends. I haven't had a problem with slipping, so I haven't applied any of those techniques. I wouldn't go with anything that screws to your serving or is metallic because you will tear up your release, serving and possibly your arm if it comes lose. I tried one of those things for about a month when I first started using a loop and it tore everything up.

·
Bowhemian
8,311 Posts
Doc said:
I have heard of several things to do. Some guys do add a dab of glue, while others use serving to tie the knots tighter to the center serving. While others will not burn the ends but continue them for about 1/4 to 1/2 inch down the center serving and then wrap them before burning the ends. I haven't had a problem with slipping, so I haven't applied any of those techniques. I wouldn't go with anything that screws to your serving or is metallic because you will tear up your release, serving and possibly your arm if it comes lose. I tried one of those things for about a month when I first started using a loop and it tore everything up.
Then you must have done something wrong. Because I've been using them for more than two years, on two bows, and not the slightest problem with either one.

You say the device "tore everything up." Please be more specific about the exact nature of this damage. What did it tear up?

Above is a photo of the device on the string of my SuperNova -- after approximately 12,000 shots (or more).

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I've used a drop of Gorilla Glue to solve the problem you mentioned and it worked fine. I think you could use fletching cement and have good results. I wouldn't use anything that dried real hard like the super glues since they might form sharp edges that could abrade the string.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
MikeK said:
Then you must have done something wrong... You say the device "tore everything up." Please be more specific about the exact nature of this damage. What did it tear up?
I don't doubt something was wrong. To be more specific at your request, the device I had was not exactly the same as yours, I had a "metal loop" (T.R.U.-nok). It scratched and scraped my release jaws, it wore into my nocks and it tore up the serving something fierce. When I finally decided to scrap it was when the screw worked loose and cut some strands on my bowstring. The TRU-nok itself has some gouges on it from somewhere I don't know (riser maybe?). Anyway that has been my experience. Yours sounds much more favorable.

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
My issue with using the d-loop, or one of those aligner things, is that the string is forced to twist on the draw to align the peep. On release it realigns itself to it's natural postition. Seems to me that it could account for some arrow flight problems that some folks are seeing. I prefer to twist my strings until the peep alignment is just right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.