Archery Talk Forum banner

String loop/Release?

345 4
Quick question. I just started using a string loop for my release. When the guy put it on he took off the nock clamp on the string and kept it off. I've noticed a couple of nocks slide on the string a bit. Either I get tighter nocks or have him put it back on.

Those with a loop, do you still have on the nock clamp on the string?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
Quick question. I just started using a string loop for my release. When the guy put it on he took off the nock clamp on the string and kept it off. I've noticed a couple of nocks slide on the string a bit. Either I get tighter nocks or have him put it back on.

Those with a loop, do you still have on the nock clamp on the string?
I use nock tieing thread to set the nock gap so they aren't too loose and sliding up and down on the string. As far as when the nock snaps onto the string I've heard you can put the nock end off the arrow into boiling water for a few seconds and then remove and press fit the nocks so they all fit the same.

· Registered
2,171 Posts
the loop should be tight enough...I dont have clamps on mine and haven't for years..take it back and have the guy tighten them up.

· Registered
126 Posts
the loop should be tight enough...I dont have clamps on mine and haven't for years..take it back and have the guy tighten them up.
I agree!! I havent had clamps on mine since I got the loop and it hasnt slid anywhere...Make them do it again or go to someone else who can do it right...My guy has put maybe 4 on my bows and I never had a problem...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.