Archery Talk Forum banner

String loop?

401 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  yeroc
Is it possible to shorten a string loop after it has been installed? Anyway to loosed the string to do this?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Born To Hunt
6,149 Posts
Loop

I try to get mine as short as I can, if it is to long, I take a nut pick, and loosen the knot on loop and just pull the ball farther through the knot and cut the ball off and reburn the string to get another ball

· Registered
1,539 Posts
I try to get mine as short as I can, if it is to long, I take a nut pick, and loosen the knot on loop and just pull the ball farther through the knot and cut the ball off and reburn the string to get another ball
Yep. Takes some patience. Dont wreck your serving.

I've done it a couple times and I'm all thumbs.:wink:

· Registered
452 Posts
I hate tying string loops. I just get nervous during the first few shots because i always think the knots are gunna slip. They never have though.

Anyways, I think if you loosen the knot up and shorten it and reburn the balls youll be set!

· Registered
1,132 Posts
Yes you can,loosen the knot but do not untie it.shorten it to your specification,take a lighter and form a new ball on the end,let it form and dry for a few minutes then take a pair of needle nose and tighen it back up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.