Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a close friend who makes custom strings and cables and has been doing so for quite a while. He makes several sets a year for people and has a good rep for tuning also. He has made all of mine when my factory sets need changing until the last set. I needed a set in a hurry and wasn't going to be in his area for a while so I ordered a set of Vapor Trail. Every set of my buddies has required extensive messing around to get the peep to rotate properly. It has just been part of it for me to deal with on his strings. Anyway, when I got the Vapor Trail and even the factory strings, I never have to mess with them as much. They seem to rotate properly off the bat. My buddy takes great pride in his string making and has quite the following in his home town. He uses the 452 material, I think. He is not stretching them at all. What is he doing differently for the strings not to turn. Shoud he be stretching them somehow, if so, how do you guys do it? I just really want to help him out and it's kind of a pain messing with his for so long.
Thanks so much,
Chad

· Registered
2,172 Posts
They need to be stretched and served under tension.Lots of info in the arrow and string section on how to do this,enough that it'll keep you busy reading all night.:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.