Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. What do you know about Vapor Trail String and Cables?

2. Where do you get the higher end machines to build custom strings? Website, catalog, etc?

Interested in Vapor Trail products and need to know about quality compared to Winners Choice and others.

Would like to consider manufacturing some myself for the shop and would like to get information on high quality equipment to do it.

Any feedback would be very appreciated.

MJ

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've seen a few shops, and I haven't seen any commercially built machines - most have made/fabricated their own.

For what its worth, I have heard good things about the new Metrao strings.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G5

How about the G5 strings. Rep showed them the other day and they "looked" very good in quality. One colore option which is a bummer.

Guys I would like some info on some machines if you know anything. Is truly handmade better than the automated serving machines? I have heard the machines are better.

MJ

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oops

Metrao..........G5...........did not know was the same thing.

I am not even sure if it is worth it to get set up unless you will sell a lot of strings. Just debating here, out loud.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
I am in the process of building a string machine. The difference in hand built versus machine is time. Building them by hand takes a fair amount of time. You can't make much money doing them by hand and production is low. We need to hook up and talk about this, I know what we need. How does Homer like his new strings? He can't complain too much, he got them for free.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Homer

I dont know yet with Homer's. His bow is LOUD for some reason.

I have looked at the Little Jon stuff like you recommended and just cant decide. You are back to the hand made, but the electric server is OK.

There has to be some semi-high-tech automation out there that makes very good high quality strings. Yes the G5 are great but their equipment is through the roof quality. They are in machining already.

Chris I am about as picky with strings as I am with other things. I think we could make some very good strings in the shop. But, if we get busy I would wrather not have bloody fingers. Know what I am saying? Just looking for something fairly affordable and makes great strings.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
His is bow really loud? I figured it would be quieter. He had the old strings and cables really twisted up for some reason. I don't know if Homer or Jason done it. The draw was running long and it was out of time quite a bit. How did it shoot and tune?
I want to finish up my string machine. It is motorized and will speed up the production. I have beed studying my options on how I need to finish it. I will probably make it so I can generate strings lengths with my computer. It will also be used to turn the string for serving purposes. Serving seems to take the most time. Once I get it done, I'll be in business. I have my theories on what makes a good string and do some things that I invented that probably nobody else does.
Let me know about Homer's bow.

·
Bowhemian
8,300 Posts
PM Deezlin.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not the Strings

His is bow really loud? I figured it would be quieter. He had the old strings and cables really twisted up for some reason. I don't know if Homer or Jason done it. The draw was running long and it was out of time quite a bit. How did it shoot and tune?
I want to finish up my string machine. It is motorized and will speed up the production. I have beed studying my options on how I need to finish it. I will probably make it so I can generate strings lengths with my computer. It will also be used to turn the string for serving purposes. Serving seems to take the most time. Once I get it done, I'll be in business. I have my theories on what makes a good string and do some things that I invented that probably nobody else does.
Let me know about Homer's bow.
It is not the strings. Almost a loud metal to metal sound. I believe it is that plastic on the TruGlo Xtreme sight. But it is VERY loud. We will narrow it dow MOnday.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Speed nocks

Chris
Added speed nocks back to string and added 7 fps and quieter! Believe it or not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts