Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to start making my own strings and would really like to get a good video explaning the basics. Anyone have a video they don't need and would be willing to part with or any other info on the subject would be great. I am also wondering what type of material and how many stranes. All the basic info would be a huge help. Thanks

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Basic String Making with Larry Wise is a very good string making video. I have it and it has been a real help. You can get it from

Apple Archery Products Inc.
245 Beshore School Road
Manchester, PA 17345
717-266-9444

Automan

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I have Yellowstone Archery videos that I got with my string jig. They pretty much explain it all although they about bore the fleas off my dog.

·
Vendor
534 Posts
Tim Strickland and myself made a string making video last year. It's available through Brownell or you can order it from Lancaster Archery.

·
Registered
815 Posts
String Making

Eric,

Does your video talk about what needs to be done to eliminate peep rotation, pre-strectching strings (advanced building techniques) while building a string or does it just cover the basics?

·
Vendor
534 Posts
10xring-

The video covers all of the basic steps for making quality strings, but it also has what I would consider to be some rather good advanced tips. The way I make a string is on the video is the exact same way I build my own to shoot them. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts