Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Miller Time
3,807 Posts
3 different bows all with VEC99, it just has a better feel than 452x IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dnv23

· Registered
5,282 Posts
I'm loving the Vec99 so far. Only "issue" I had was making sure my peep was tied in solid since the material is so slick.

Other than that it's made it through a lot of shooting and still looks new.

I ran GAS ghost strings in the past and like the Vec99 better.

· Registered
3,722 Posts
Vec99

· Certified Flatlander
Xpedition Archery
3,937 Posts
I'm loving the Vec99 so far. Only "issue" I had was making sure my peep was tied in solid since the material is so slick.

Other than that it's made it through a lot of shooting and still looks new.

I ran GAS ghost strings in the past and like the Vec99 better.
Vec99 is awesome stuff, but as stated it is extremely slick and difficult to get a good solid peep tie in. As long as that is taken care of you will really like them. They are super stable strings.

· Registered
5,282 Posts
Vec99 is awesome stuff, but as stated it is extremely slick and difficult to get a good solid peep tie in. As long as that is taken care of you will really like them. They are super stable strings.
I've found the constrictor knot around the housing and then stacking half-hitches on the string legs works really well.

· Certified Flatlander
Xpedition Archery
3,937 Posts
I've found the constrictor knot around the housing and then stacking half-hitches on the string legs works really well.
Yes sir that is what I resorted to, thank you. I had to really pull it tight.
My normal peep tie in was not sufficient, frustrating at first but no big deal once I did it differently.

· Registered
1,574 Posts
I often read that vec99 requires a little effort to keep the peep from sliding, but I don't read much about center/end serving separation. It sounds like string builders have it figured out
I want to try vec99 but I don't want to be worrying about serving issues with a new string.

· Registered
6,935 Posts
I've had both and liked both... I just ordered some 452x strings because the custom colors I wanted match my bow better....

1 - 20 of 66 Posts