Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you are installing new strings or setting a set to manufacturers specs everyone says to measure them under 100# of tension. I laid out a set of new strings on a board with posts at the correct measurements from back of post to back of post. When I took the strings off of the paper clip from the string maker and tried to get them on my posts everything was about an inch short.

My question, how much will the string/cable stretch under 100# of tension?

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
They may do 3/4.
100lbs is a lot.

I use a 2x4 tured edgeways with a 16 nail drove in it. I have a peice made to adapt my ratchet strap to another nail. I stretch it out as tight as I can and it works pretty well.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
They may do 3/4.
100lbs is a lot.

I use a 2x4 tured edgeways with a 16 nail drove in it. I have a peice made to adapt my ratchet strap to another nail. I stretch it out as tight as I can and it works pretty well.
What he said.......

Hey slinger, good afternoon.........see ya in KY.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the strings were made correctly because when I put them on the bow I had to do very little tweaking to hit peak draw weight and correct draw length. It could have been 3/4 inch not 1 inch, I never actually measured, I just know it fell short of the pins I had in place at the measured distance.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
If they were made out of 452 , no way in heck would you ever get them to stretch 3/4 of an inch. I stretch mine with 300 lbs of tension and they won't even come close to that .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts