Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know most of you are thinking i have the normal string pinch where it lifts the arrow up off rest due to pinching at the nock. but its not really whats happening. i just replaced my string and am getting everything fine tuned. i tied in nocking point with serving above and below the nock and the string loop is tied around the outside of the nocking points. i left about 1/32" of a gap for the nock to slide up an down between the nock points. but it doesnt lift the arrow straight up with pinch but only to the left like the string is rotating the arrow right off the rest. it seems it is coming from the string rotating while drawing back and turning the arrow also. it only happens when i have no field point in the arrow. if i have a field point in the arrow it doesnt happen. i know i will only shoot with a tip in the arrow but i want to elimate any type of string pinch or torque that i might have. anyone know how i can get rid of this?? or any ideas what it might be???

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
You need to produce some down force on the arrow as it is being drawn. I do this by tying in a 3/16"long spacer below my arrow nock. I use some old bow string material to make this spacer. I then tie in my lower D loop knot below this spacer. Next, I tie the D loop above the arrow nock. Then, I tie in another 3/16" long spacer above the knot, to prevent the knot from sliding up the serving. This produces enough down force to hold my arrow on the rest.
I do not tie above and below the nock as you stated. I tie only below the arrow nock, and above the top D loop nock.
This stopped my arrow from occasionally being pinched, and floating up off the rest.
JMHO

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Blazer or other High profile Vanes By chance????????

See if it still happens with an un-fletched arrow. Kicking out to the left for a RH shooter could mean light contact with cables.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I had that problem, too, with arrows that had Easton Super nocks. Cured it by switching to Bohing Double Lock nocks, which are smaller and slimmer, and made for D loop shooters.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
You need to produce some down force on the arrow as it is being drawn. I do this by tying in a 3/16"long spacer below my arrow nock. I use some old bow string material to make this spacer. I then tie in my lower D loop knot below this spacer. Next, I tie the D loop above the arrow nock. Then, I tie in another 3/16" long spacer above the knot, to prevent the knot from sliding up the serving. This produces enough down force to hold my arrow on the rest.
I do not tie above and below the nock as you stated. I tie only below the arrow nock, and above the top D loop nock.
This stopped my arrow from occasionally being pinched, and floating up off the rest.
JMHO
I agree
I use a clamp on nock set below the arrow and then tie my D loop below that and above the arrow and it produces a little downforce just enough to keep the arrow from wanting to float off the rest.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Sounds like you need a large groove nock or reserve with smaller diameter serving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts