Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new peep in my string the problem is I haven't tied it in yet and the string is split all the way up to almost the cam. Do I need new strings? Also, I would like to get a green/black color string? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
It sounds like the string is not twisted.If the string is not twisted it is loosing strength.If the string looks to be in good condition you may be able to pull it off and retwist it to the proper length.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it used off a guy so I'll probably end up having to restring....Dang.. didn't want to spend a whole lot before bow season but it looks that way. Thanks! Any other advice on the type of string I should get? I want quality and inexpensive. and preferably a green/black combo.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I have Proline strings on my target bow.. you can get them in any color combo.. call em up give them the bow specs and very shortly there after you will have a set of strings in your mailbox!! 513-259-3738 or email [email protected]

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Vapor trail is your best bet for an economical string of good quality in a timely fashion. If you can afford to wait a couple weeks then I would search for Bucknasty strings in the classifieds which IMO are the best strings made.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
I would say there's not enough twists in your string also. As long as there's no broken strands you should be fine with adding twists. If you go new string give Proline a call @ 513 259 3738 and you will have one of the best money can buy!! Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts