Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing to purchase a backup/new string for my Cartel Midas with 26# Samick Vision carbon limbs. There are several materials listed on and I'm confused as to what I should get.

Have heard that some bows can't/shouldn't use certain types of strings, but unfortunately mine didn't have any documentation. Hoping the knowledge bank here can point me in the right direction!

One more thing... not really concerned about matching my current string. Have no clue what it is, so I'll probably purchase two of whatever so I have a matching set.

Carlton

·
Registered
20,828 Posts
Carlton -

You can use any string you like on that bow.
With some older bows (think vintage 60s -80's and some "custom" bows), you are limited to Dacron, due to possible limb tip or structural damage possible with more modern low-stretch strings. You can use Dacron (B-50/B-500) on your bow, but you probably won't like it. Newer limbs react better to any of the newer low stretch/low creep materials.

Everybody has their favorite string material, and all will have a slightly different feel, so we can't tell you what's "best" for you.
I use D97 because it's cheap and it works, just never saw any difference in scores with the higher priced materials. (I make my own strings.)
(Oh, btw, I'm cheap.)

Viper1 out.

·
Archery Coach
23,297 Posts
Agree, 8125 D97 D10, 8190, all work well

I use BCY almost exclusively mainly because the company supports my club and their products are top flight. I make most of my club's strings out of 8125 or the stuff marketed as Crossbow string called Force 10 (Dyna 10). lately I have been using their newest stuff called 8190 which is really good. any of those products will work well for you. HALO serving is what I prefer-that or the Japanese ANGEL Majesty (which BCY sells as well)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts