Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
How often or how do you know when you should replace your strings?

Registered
54 looks and no one could offer anything LOL.
As long as there are no cuts in the string and cable a good rule of thumb is no longer than every 3 years, for the average archer.

Registered
I would change mine yearly just because I wanted to. Sometimes I kept them on a little longer. I just replace mine this year and the set that came off was almost 4 years old. Like Dale stated above, as long as there are no cut in the String or Cable no longer than 3 years. The last set I had on I waited a little to long and you could tell the difference when I changed them out, made a big difference in performance.

Registered
What you should do is get a new string, peep, scilencers/ whatever else is on your string now. Set it up tune it and use that string as you will probably need a new one fairly soon anyway. When they take your old string/cables off don't let them untwist them! Take them off, keep them from untwisting and put a paperclip in both loops so it can't untwist! That way you have a completely set up string you can just slap on in a pinch without having to worry too much about tuning/peep placement. :twocents: it would be a pain to have to put a brand new string on and completely set it up in the back country.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts