Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a $90 discrepancy between two reputable string makers when I inquired about costs to send me a string for my z7 and am curious where my extra $90 would go if I went with the more expensive string; Advertising? Overhead? The owner's pocket? Or, a better string (solocam) sent to me?
The two companies are very well known and, I'm guessing, use the same string material, for the most part.
I'm not asking for a long, technical explanation as to why a $90 discrepency exists, nor a flame bath from a string maker.
I am curious if my extra $90 would be well spent. What are your thoughts?
Thanks.

·
Registered
454 Posts
What are the costs of the two strings?
And does one mfg think it's just a string and the other an entire set (string, buss and control cable)?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vaportrail wants $48-$55, and Winners Choice $110ish. As far as I could tell from their interactive website order procedure, both understood it was a solocam string.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sounds to me like one is for just the string and the other is for the buss and string.

·
Matt R
2,117 Posts
If you can get a complete set of Vaportrail strings for a solo am for $48-55 you better jump on it! I believe there is a mistake being made!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not to bash any companies but it may be quality that you pay for? My buddy ordered a set of vapor trail strings through a local shop and had the shop install them. 3 days later while shooting the string came apart at the end of the end serving. He called vapor trail and they said he is sol

·
Come on October!!!!
3,070 Posts
Not to bash any companies but it may be quality that you pay for? My buddy ordered a set of vapor trail strings through a local shop and had the shop install them. 3 days later while shooting the string came apart at the end of the end serving. He called vapor trail and they said he is sol
Wasn't there for the call but that does not sound like VT customer service at all. Unless it was a blatant user error or a sharp edge VT stands behind everything they sell. So for me anything besides Winners choice. there are much better values out there.

·
Matt R
2,117 Posts
Vaportrail is a very reputable company, sounds like you need the whole story before you bash them!

·
Registered
773 Posts
I had issues with a tag end on a set of VT's I had on my Z7, I sent them an email(week of the ATA) and a few days later I had a brand new full set of strings without any issues. I have shot both brands and they are great quality. I agree with 60x and others, must be just the string and not a full set. If not that's a great deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts