Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy suggested I put an extra set of cat whiskers on the cables. After shooting the bow he said it's quieter, but I can't really tell any difference myself. However, after 14 years of tank cannons and turbine engines my hearing is pretty much shot so I might not notice it. Does anyone else do this and how much speed loss will it cause?

BTW the bow is a 2003 Magnatec cam .5

·
Registered
852 Posts
I can't speak for the .5, but I know that on a single cam, the cable makes nearly as much noise as the string does, and putting a silencer up by the idler wheel on the string, doesn't really quiet things up... On my singles, I put one silencer on the string, down by the cam, and another on the cable, but up high enough so that it won't get "drawn it" - that quiets things up VERY nicely, and usually only costs me 2 fps...

- georgestrings

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
I put Leeches on my cables, (1 each, down low) and whiskers on my string. Leeches won't last on the string, but they last forever on the cables. It's quieter, and the FPS loss must be miniscule, if any loss at all. Do it!

Mine's a RazorTec.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
DeerTexas said:
I put Leeches on my cables, (1 each, down low) and whiskers on my string. Leeches won't last on the string, but they last forever on the cables. It's quieter, and the FPS loss must be miniscule, if any loss at all. Do it!

Mine's a RazorTec.
AAAAWWWW you just like them Fuzzy girly things on your String.....:p :D :D

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Javalina, The Technicolor must STOP!:D On my dual cam I use String Things, by Alpine on the string and a leach on each cable, Very silent.:) Leaches don't hold up on the string, but last forever on the cables.:p

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Seriously; I have had zero trouble with my string leaches. I shoot a RazorTec just like DT's...

and he has had trouble... although his bow was exceptionally out of tune when he had the problems. since tuning he has not tried just leaches.

I have not put any on my bow since replacing the limbs... I don't mind the twang since I'm only practicing. Before the Pronghorn hunt I will put them in.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts