Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On your bowtechs....(specifically Allegiance) Do you guys take your string silencers off of your cables if you have an STS on. I know most take the silencers off your strings but what about cables? Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
I didn't take mine off the cables.. I did take them off on the string.. However, I am going to be putting on a new string.. and have been thinking about possibly taking them all off to see if I notice a difference. I think it also depends on if you have the standard cable slide or if you are using the Windstalker cableguard by Vibraguard... It is kind of like what Matthew's uses .. only without rollers... I have been thinking about getting one as I've seen them used on alot of Tributes and those shooters seem to really like them. As for the string silencers... I have noticed that some of my fellow shooters using either the Tribute or Allegiance are a little louder after they remove them from the cables. Nothing terrible.. just slightly noticable by myself.. JMO

Good luck :)

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
When I rigged my Allegiance with new Bucknasty strings and cables and fit it with one of my own MeanV string suppressors. I put Bowjax string jax on the strings and cables as well as added my own speed nocks on the strings. I think any speed lose is very minimal at the most. I would rather lose a couple of fps and be a touch quieter with my hunting rig:)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts